Subject: LDAP Plugfest

From: Chris Harding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:36:23 +0100

Hi -

The Directory Interoperability Forum (DIF) is holding 2003's second LDAP 
interoperability PLUGFEST for directories and directory-enabled 
applications at the Oracle Conference Center in Redwood Shores, CA on 
October 6-7, 2003.

Directory-enabled application vendors can use this PLUGFEST to test in 
preparation for certifying that their applications are "LDAP Ready", an 
Open Group Certification that assures customers that the applications are 
guaranteed interoperable with LDAP Certified directory products.

PLUGFESTS are events where multiple vendors meet and test product 
interoperability  in real life. These events are the most effective way to 
test product interoperability, because they are tested against products 
they will meet in customer IT infrastructures.

If you develop products use the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol 
(LDAP), then they must interoperate with LDAP servers in order to function. 
Certification of this interoperability will give your customers confidence 
that your products do truly interoperate at a useful level, and increase 
your sales volumes at lower sales, marketing, development and testing costs.

Check out our website at http://www.opengroup.org/dif/dc11/ to find out 
more. You can register for the PLUGFEST on the web. Or contact me for more 
information.

(I'm sending this mail to several relevant lists. My apologies if you 
receive it more than once.)

Regards,

Chris
+++++

========================================================================
            Dr. Christopher J. Harding
   T H E    Executive Director for the Directory Interoperability Forum
  O P E N   Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading RG1 1AX, UK
G R O U P  Mailto:[email-masked] Phone: +44 118 902 3018
            WWW: http://www.opengroup.org Mobile: +44 774 063 1520
========================================================================

Boundaryless Information Flow: Open Source In The Enterprise
September 8, 2003 Hilton London Paddington, London, UK
www.opengroup.org/london2003

========================================================================