Subject: Schema nitpicks

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:55:38 +0200

I suggest you define attribute type 'name' before its subtypes.

I suggest you define object class 'person' before its subclass
'organizationalPerson'.

Object class 'residentialPerson' does not need 'l' in the MAY
part, since it already is in the MUST part.

Object classes 'organizationalPerson' and 'residentialPerson' do not
need 'telephoneNumber' in their MAY parts, since it already is in
'person's MAY part.

-- 
Hallvard

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:39:37 -0700

>I suggest you define object class 'person' before its subclass

An (editorial) decision was made long ago that the elements
would be listed in alphabetical order.  I see no technical
reason to revisit that decision.

>part, since it already is in the MUST part.  Object classes 'organizationalPerson' and 'residentialPerson' do not

The fact that some MUST/MAY lists contain redundant information
was previously discussed.  Consensus was not to make any
unnecessary changes to valid schema descriptions.

Kurt, LDAPbis co-chair