Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:40:36 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDAP: The Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-24.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2004-5-11
	
This document describes the protocol elements, along with their 
semantics and encodings, for the Lightweight Directory Access 
Protocol (LDAP). LDAP provides access to distributed directory 
services that act in accordance with X.500 data and service models. 
These protocol elements are based on those described in the X.500 
Directory Access Protocol (DAP).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-24.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-24.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-24.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Steven Legg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:07:39 +1000

Jim,

Just a minor ASN.1 detail. The LDAPMessage.protocolOp CHOICE in RFC 2251 did not
include the intermediateResponse alternative so the extension ellipsis should
probably go before the intermediateResponse alternative rather than after it,
i.e.
     extendedResp          ExtendedResponse,
     ...,
     intermediateResponse  IntermediateResponse },

Regards,
Steven