Subject: Last Call: 'LDAP: Uniform Resource Locator' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 16:23:12 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the LDAP (v3) Revision WG to consider the
following document:

- 'LDAP: Uniform Resource Locator '
   <draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2004-12-28.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-08.txt

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:08:41 -0800

It would be nicer if this document were rewritten to
be consistent with RFC2396bis, which made some
changes to the BNF from RFC 2396.

         draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt

Larry

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:46:15 -0500

>          draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-07.txt

Good point.

A quick look at the above I-D tells me it would not be too difficult to 
change draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-08.txt to reference the above I-D (but I 
have not tried to make the required edits, so I am not 100% sure).

The question is whether the LDAPBis documents should reference the 
RFC2396bis draft or continue to reference RFCs 2396 and 2732.  How close 
to "done" is RFC2396bis?

-Mark

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:26:22 -0800

Hi Mark,
	It is in the RFC Editor's queue, and it will be done before
this one.  So if you put in a reference to the i-d, it will be updated
to the RFC number.
			Ted

At 3:46 PM -0500 12/15/04, Mark Smith wrote:
>A quick look at the above I-D tells me it would not be too difficult 
>to change draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-08.txt to reference the above I-D 
>(but I have not tried to make the required edits, so I am not 100% 
>sure).
>
>RFC2396bis draft or continue to reference RFCs 2396 and 2732.  How 
>close to "done" is RFC2396bis?
>
>-Mark