Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDAP: The Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:09:59 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LDAP: The Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-32.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the LDAP (v3) Revision Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapbis-protocol-32.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the protocol elements, along with their 
 semantics and encodings, of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol 
 (LDAP). LDAP provides access to distributed directory services that 
 act in accordance with X.500 data and service models. These protocol 
 elements are based on those described in the X.500 Directory Access 
 Protocol (DAP) 
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a major work item of the LDAPBIS working group; it has
seen extensive discussion and revision over the course of time.  The working
group came to consensus on this document.  There were some comments
received during Last Call, and these have been addressed in this version.

Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.