Subject: ldapbis WG meeting minutes, IETF 64

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:33:02 -0800 (PST)

ldapbis WG meeting minutes, IETF 64, Vancouver
RL "Bob" Morgan, scribe

The meeting was called to order at 15:16.

The main agenda item is:  recharter or conclude?  The chairs propose to 
conclude upon the publishing of the outstanding documents, and not to 
recharter.  There was no objection to this from the attendees.  This 
position will be proposed to the WG mailing list for confirmation.

Kurt described document status.  The ldapbis-strprep-06, 
ldapbis-user-schema-10, and ldapbis-syntaxes-11 documents have been ready 
for submission to the IESG, and will be so submitted shortly after today's 
meeting.  The authmeth document still has an outstanding comment on an 
issue that has already been discussed.  The issue will be resolved quickly 
if possible and the authmeth doc will be submitted to the IESG.

The only other remaining document is the ldapbis-roadmap-08 document, 
which has remained more or less unchanged and un-commented-on for a long 
time.  The chairs will submit this document to the IESG without a WG last 
call, since it is uncontroversial, and any issues can be dealt with during 
IETF last call.

Kurt proposed, regarding new work, that the Apps Area Directory 
Directorate meet (as a side meeting, not a formal BoF) at IETF 65 in 
Dallas, to consider whether to try to form a new WG or proceed in some 
other fashion.  Discussion on this should be directed to the 
[email-masked] list.

There will be a Wake for ldapbis this evening at the Yaletown pub, 
starting at 19:45.

The meeting adjourned at 15:26.

  - RL "Bob"

---

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:37:22 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, should have labelled this as DRAFT minutes ... - RL "Bob"

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

> recharter.  There was no objection to this from the attendees.  This position 
> will be proposed to the WG mailing list for confirmation.
>
> ldapbis-user-schema-10, and ldapbis-syntaxes-11 documents have been ready for 
> submission to the IESG, and will be so submitted shortly after today's 
> meeting.  The authmeth document still has an outstanding comment on an issue 
> that has already been discussed.  The issue will be resolved quickly if 
> possible and the authmeth doc will be submitted to the IESG.
>
> The only other remaining document is the ldapbis-roadmap-08 document, which 
> has remained more or less unchanged and un-commented-on for a long time.  The 
> chairs will submit this document to the IESG without a WG last call, since it 
> is uncontroversial, and any issues can be dealt with during IETF last call.
>
> Kurt proposed, regarding new work, that the Apps Area Directory Directorate 
> meet (as a side meeting, not a formal BoF) at IETF 65 in Dallas, to consider 
> whether to try to form a new WG or proceed in some other fashion.  Discussion 
> on this should be directed to the [email-masked] list.
>
> There will be a Wake for ldapbis this evening at the Yaletown pub, starting 
> at 19:45.
>