Subject: ldapadd issue in custom objectclass

From: pankaj bhamare <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:46:29 +0530

hi,
I have created custom object class and its attribute

attributetype ( 1.2006.08.20.1 NAME 'DealerCode'
DESC 'RFC2256: Dealer code'
SUP name )

attributetype ( 1.2006.08.20.2 NAME 'GroupCode'
DESC 'RFC2256: Group code'
SUP name )

objectclass ( 1.2006.08.20.3 NAME 'DealerMaster'
DESC 'Information regarding dealer'
SUP top STRUCTURAL
MUST ( DealerCode )
MAY ( GroupCode $ mail ))

i have stored this file in /etc/openldap/schema/dealer.schema then i have
include this file in slapd.conf file then i have started server.
For testing purpose i have created one ldif file

dn: DealerCode=PankajB,dc=abacus,dc=com
DealerCode: PankajB
objectClass: DealerMaster

When i execute this ldif file with below mention command

ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=abacus,dc=com" -W -f dealerentry.ldif

It ask for ldap password after entering the password

"adding new entry "DealerCode=PankajB,dc=abacus,dc=com"
appears on sceen then it hangs

Awaiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:53:28 -0700

This list is for IETF engineering of certain LDAP technical  
specifications, that is, namely work items of the IETF LDAPBIS  
(concluded) Working Group.  General LDAP issues (such as LDAP schema  
design) and issues specific to particular LDAP implementations (such  
as OpenLDAP) should be directed elsewhere (such as a general LDAP list  
for LDAP schema design discussions and a support list for the  
particular LDAP implementation you are using for implementation  
specific questions).

I note that that the (presumedly self assigned) OIDs values you using  
are invalid (2006 > 39).  This may lead to problems though not  
necessarily the problem you are seeing.  I recommend you obtain  
(through a OID registry, such as IANA) an OID arc for use within your  
enterprise.

-- Kurt

On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:16 AM, pankaj bhamare wrote:

> i have stored this file in /etc/openldap/schema/dealer.schema then i  
> have include this file in slapd.conf file then i have started server.

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:55:10 +0200

Note that the "ietf-ldapbis" list was dedicated to discuss LDAP
standardization topics. It seems to me that your question is rather
about solving a specific issue with your local installation of OpenLDAP.
So asking on the "openldap-software" mailing list seems much more promising.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/

Ciao, Michael.