Subject: Re: LDAPDN and AuthMeth/DIGEST-MD5

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:18:52 -0600

> Great.  All we then need is to include in AuthMeth a specification
> for generating canonical LDAPDN string encoding of the user
> specified DN.  

RFC 2253 describes a procedure for turning a DN into a string format.  What 
I would like for section 2.2 is a way to describe how the the Attribute Type 
and Value components of an RDN can be ordered in the same way as if the DN 
was DER encoded.  Once we have that, the only additional statement that needs
to be made is about quoting and spacing behavior.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:20:36 -0800

>to be made is about quoting and spacing behavior.

I think we'll need a more than this.  In particular, we'll have
to deal with case ignore, attribute type with multiple names,
name vs OID, etc..

	Kurt