Subject: objectclass of the Root DSE

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 12:09:25 -0800

What object class(es) may the Root DSE be of?

I would assume it should be some structural object class
combined with ExtensibleObject.

I may be appropriate to clarify what object class implementations
should use for Root DSE.

	Kurt

---

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:13:32 -0600

Yes, that's something that will need to be added to the revision of 2251.
Probably will make a new object class.  It doesn't need to be extensible
because all the attributes of the root DSE are operational attributes, 
which can be present in any entry.

Mark Wahl, Directory Product Architect
Innosoft International, Inc.

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:05:52 -0800

At 03:13 PM 11/15/99 -0600, Mark Wahl wrote:
>Probably will make a new object class.

Something like?

	( LDAProotDSEOID NAME 'LDAProotDSE'
		DESC 'Root DSE object class'
		SUP top STRUCTURAL )

where LDAProotDSEOID should be replaced by an assigned OID.

>It doesn't need to be extensible because all the attributes of
>the root DSE are operational attributes,  which can be present
>in any entry.

I had thought that some of the attribute types within the
RootDSE were not operational.  I likely confused attribute
types of one of the RootDSE's subentry.

Thanks for the clarification.

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<[email-masked]>
Net Boolean Incorporated	<http://www.boolean.net/>