Subject: dnAttribute Processing in Extensible Match Filters

From: Brent Holland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:15:25 -0800

Should an extensible search with the dn attribute flag set and of the form:

  ldapsearch -b 'dc=mycompany,dc=com' '(dc:dn:=com)'

return all the objects below 'dc=mycompany,dc=com' ?

In other words, should superior RDN's above the search base object be 
considered for the extensible match when the dnAttributes field of 
the extensible filter is TRUE?

Thanks for your help.

Brent Holland
[email-masked]

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 17:35:58 -0800

At 05:15 PM 2/7/01 -0800, Brent Holland wrote:
>return all the objects below 'dc=mycompany,dc=com' ?  In other words, should superior RDN's above the search base object be considered for the extensible match when the dnAttributes field of the extensible filter is TRUE?

RFC 2251, 4.5.1. (emphasis added)
     If the dnAttributes field is set to TRUE, the match is
     applied against >>ALL THE ATTRIBUTES<< in an entry's distinguished name
     >>AS WELL<<, and also evaluates to TRUE if there is at least one
     attribute in the distinguished name for which the filter item
     evaluates to TRUE.