Subject: the 4th edition of X.500

From: "Hoyt L. Kesterson II" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:23:04 -0700

Hello all

Erik Andersen has merged all the approved Technical Corrigenda and 
Amendments, including Related Entry, into the 2001 edition. Erik has 
spent a tremendous amount of time and effort doing this. We all owe 
him a cheer for a job well done.

These documents were approved at the last ITU-T SG7 meeting in Geneva 
in early February, 2001.

ISO/IEC must still ballot the Related Entry FDAM (they may chose to 
ballot the merged 2001 texts instead). The documents will then be 
prepared for publication.

Published standards will be removed from this server. Until then they 
can be found in pdf and word formats at

   ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/

Normally I would end this message with a warning to get these 
standards from the server before they are published. However ITU is 
allowing any three recommendations to be downloaded at no cost from 
their server. It is an interesting experiment that they are 
evaluating for 2001. For more information see

    http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html

The more devious among you will notice that it is possible to abuse 
the service. Please try to restrain yourself. Since these are 
copyrighted documents, one should not napsterize them.

   hoyt