Subject: [ldapext] distibuted procedures draft Section 3.3

From: "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 23:22:54 -0700

Should we allow a client the facility to send back more than one
searchresultentry/references by changing:

IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE { Response ::= CHOICE {
searchResEntry SearchResultEntry, searchResRef SearchResultReference,
intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse ... }, controls [0] Controls
COPTIONAL } To
            IntermediateResponse ::= SEQUENCE OF { 
Response ::= CHOICE { searchResEntry SearchResultEntry, searchResRef
SearchResultReference, intermediateResponse IntermediateResponse ... },
controls [0] Controls COPTIONAL } or should we rathar stay with the LDAP
v3 model of having one protocol message for each serch result
entry/reference.
I feel the former has advantages since it allows a protocol peer to
send bac muliple as well as single serch result entries/references .
Comments ?
Thanks,
Prasad
_______________________________________________
Ldapext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

---

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:20:42 -0700

I need to change that to "ChainedIntermediateResponse" or something.
It's not good to use the name name as the IntermediateResponse defined
in RFC 3771.
 
I prefer staying with the LDAPv3 model of returning one protocol
message per search result entry/reference.
 
If batching milti-valued responses is seen as a good thing, I suggest a
general mechanism be defined to do that (one that will work for chained
response as a well as non-chained search and intermediate responses).
 
I'm not sure what others think.
 
Jim

>>> "Vithalprasad Gaitonde" <[email-masked]> 11/1/04 11:22:54
PM >>>