Subject: Re: [ldapext] UTF-8 full support in LDIF / LDIF v2

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 16:02:40 +0200

Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> Jim Willeke wrote:
> 
>> Is the suggestion to utilize and indicator similar to the HTTP charset
>> parameter (Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8) ?
> 
> I don't think we ever got it that well defined, but I guess, yes this
> would be one way of doing it.

I'd prefer not to mix protocol specs here. The above key-word
"Content-Type:" is used in HTTP and MIME headers. IMO there's no need to
address that in the LDIF spec. One could suggest that content type
should be set to

Content-Type: application/directory; charset=utf-8

if the LDIF is encapsulated in MIME. But that's not part of LDIF itself.

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: Yves Dorfsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 14:52:10 -0600

> if the LDIF is encapsulated in MIME. But that's not part of LDIF itself.

Michael: Thanks for re-starting this thread. Some of Steven Legg's comment 
got me stuck, and then my priorities got shifted (looking for new 
contracts). I'll carry the thread following up on Steven's messages.

-- 
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/