Subject: [ldapext] Status of X.500 based Access Control for LDAP

From: Ersin ER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:14:11 +0300

Hi,

May I please learn the status of X.500 based Access Control for LDAP? Is
there anybody working on it, any drafts?

At Apache Directory Project we already have a working subsystem which is
almost identical to the one in the X.501 (2005) spec. So I (and my
colleagues) would like to initiate or contribute to such a work.

Any pointers or more detailed information are welcome.

Regards,

-- 
Ersin ER
http://people.apache.org/~ersiner/ <http://people.apache.org/%7Eersiner/>

---

From: Steven Legg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:02:19 +1100

Hi Ersin,

> there anybody working on it, any drafts?

I have three expired drafts relating to X.500 access control for LDAP:

     draft-legg-ldap-admin-03.txt
     draft-legg-ldap-acm-admin-04.txt
     draft-legg-ldap-acm-bac-04.txt

You should still be able to find copies of them online, but if you have
trouble finding them let me know and I'll send them to you. I think the
drafts are complete with respect to X.501 (2005) but I would need to update
the boilerplate before progressing them further. Also, Kurt Zeilenga wanted
me to incorporate the content of RFC 3672 (Subentries in LDAP) into
draft-legg-ldap-admin-xx.txt, but I haven't done that yet.

Regards,
Steven

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Ldapext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext