Subject: [ldapext] OATH-LDAP as ldapext WG item?

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:49:30 +0100

HI!

Anyone here interested in co-authoring an I-D describing OATH-LDAP (presented
at LDAPcon 2015)?

Is there general interest to add this as ldapext WG item?

I have a schema for HOTP/TOTP (see attachment) and a reference implementation
for HOTP and some thoughts on operational considerations. TOTP schema might
need some small work and I have to adapt the implementation.

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: Petr Spacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 15:20:25 +0100

> need some small work and I have to adapt the implementation.

You might be interested in HOTP/TOTP implementation which is available in
FreeIPA project. It is available in Fedora 22+ and CentOS 7.1+.

Related LDAP schema is on:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/OTP/Schema

Feature design is on:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/OTP

-- 
Petr Spacek  @  Red Hat

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 16:34:26 +0100

> http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/OTP

I already know this and I expected you to point me at it. ;-)

But I decided not to use it. Especially my aim is to define a non-proprietary
approach useful for different vendors.

Ciao, Michael.

---

From: Simo Sorce <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:06:32 -0500

> approach useful for different vendors.

I'd be interested in understanding your point of view on what's
proprietary or not appropriate in the OTP schema FreeIPA uses.

We've put a lot of thought on how to deal with things like multimaster
replication and so on bu we'd like to improve if you see any
deficiency.

Simo.