Subject: [UM] FW: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:48:59 -0500

For the remote, Internet audience, we have two choices for a live text feed of the proceedings.  The first is Jabber and the second is SIP.  Note the SIP implementation is an Alpha version.  I have no idea if it works.  If either tool is broken, contact jabber.com or iptel.org, respectively.

We will not have MBONE access or an audio conference bridge.

For Jabber, the conference room is "lemonade" at conference.ietf.jabber.com .
The recording is at http://www.jabber.com/chatbot/logs/conference.ietf.jabber.com/lemonade/ .

For SIP, check out http://www.iptel.org/ietf55/ .  Our conference is lemonade.

As a reminder, out meeting is in the Salon IV room from 9:00am - 11:30am ET on Thursday November 21.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marshall Rose [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 9:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

	     Remote Access for the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta:
			     Text Conferencing

At each IETF meeting, two of the working group meeting rooms are equipped
for video multicast and remote participation.  That is, for every IETF
meeting slot, two of the working groups can see and hear the
meeting. For the 55th IETF, in *addition* to the usual network A/V, text
conferencing will be provided for every working group that meets.

All of the conference rooms are hosted on

    conference.ietf.jabber.com

and each is named using the official IETF abbreviation found in the
agenda (e.g., "apparea",  "dhc", "forces", and so on -- for all the
examples that follow, we'll use "foobar" as the abbreviation).

Each conference room also has a 'bot which records everything that gets
sent:
    
    http://www.jabber.com/chatbot/logs/conference.ietf.jabber.com/foobar/

Enjoy!
    
/mtr

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiri Kuthan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:33 AM
To: Marshall Rose; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: text conferencing at the 55th IETF meeting in Atlanta

For those, who   would like to use SIP for text conferencing,
experimental operation of a SIP2Jabber gateway has been set up at
iptel.org. See http://www.iptel.org/ietf55/ for guidelines how
to join the IETF chat rooms.

Better set your expectations low  -- the gateway has not been tested 
with bigger user populations until now.

-Jiri
-
This list is maintained by Snowshore Networks - http://www.snowshore.com
All comments on this list are the comments of the message originators and
Snowshore is not to be held responsible for any actions or comments found
on this list. The archives for this list can be found at
http://flyingfox.snowshore.com/um_archive/maillist.html