Subject: [lemonade] Protocol Action: 'Mapping Between the Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Internet Mail' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:43:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mapping Between the Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Internet Mail '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-mms-mapping-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to support 
diverse service environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-mms-mapping-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
The cellular telephone industry has defined a service known as the
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS).  This service uses formats and
protocols which are similar to, but differ in key ways from those
used in Internet mail. This document specifies how to exchange messages between
these two services, including mapping information elements as used in MMS
X-Mms-* headers as well as delivery and disposition reports, to and
from that used in ESMTP and Internet message headers.
 
Working Group Summary

The LEMONADE working group  came to consensus on the publication of this
document.  No issues were raised during IETF Last Call.  This work was
coordinated with 3GPP and 3GPP2 by the author and working group chairs. 
The document was approved, but the approval appealed by John Klensin.
After considering the appeal, the IESG asked the working group to consider
the issues raised.  This document contains the changes made by the working
group post-appeal and after a second IETF Last Call.

Protocol Quality
 
This work was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.  Eric Burger and Glenn
Parsons
are the PROTO shepherds.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade