Subject: [lemonade] BINARY & CATENATE

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:30:59 -0500

With the help of the good folks at Lucent I've been working on adding 
support for BINARY APPEND to Cyrus (to go along with its existing 
support for BINARY FETCH).

I'm now wondering if I need to support BINARY (literal8) for CATENATE 
(TEXT parts)?  I don't see any mention of BINARY or literal8 in the 
CATENATE draft.

And what about CTE=binary in messages/parts fetched via URLs?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
Carnegie Mellon University

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:31:48 -0800

On 3/8/06 at 9:30 PM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:

>I'm now wondering if I need to support BINARY (literal8) for 
>CATENATE (TEXT parts)?  I don't see any mention of BINARY or 
>literal8 in the CATENATE draft.

Damn! How did I miss that?

I'd sure like you to add the support for it and we'll fix CATENATE 
the next time around.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:06:16 -0500

Pete Resnick wrote:
> I'd sure like you to add the support for it and we'll fix CATENATE the 
> next time around.

Is this something that we should put on the agenda for one/both WG at 
the upcoming meetings?

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:08:47 +0000

> Is this something that we should put on the agenda for one/both WG at 

We should address this in Lemonade Profile Phase 2. So discussing this 
in Lemonade seems appropriate.

---

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 12:39:34 -0800

> BINARY is on the cards for a revision, I think, perhaps it could be
> added to that? Might be able to get it all sorted out quicker.

I have started on the update, and plan to push a draft soon after the 
freeze is over.  I'm not sure this can be fixed in the BINARY document, 
but work out what you need and I'll see what can be done.

I won't be in Dallas, but I should be able to attend via Jabber (ugh).

--lyndon

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:04:04 +0000

Dave.
-- 
           You see things; and you say "Why?"
   But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
    - George Bernard Shaw