Subject: [lemonade] Your Moment of Glory

From: "Burger, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:52:11 -0400

Did you ever want to get your name into an RFC?

Are you new to lemonade?

Are you one of our 211 lurkers, waiting for the opportunity to
contribute to the community, but were afraid to ask?

Well, here is your opportunity!

We are about to put a number of documents through Work Group Last Call.
There are a number of mechanical checks and write-ups that need to be
done to get these documents through IESG review and into the RFC Editor
Queue.  We need volunteers to take on these tasks.  In return, we (as
Chairs) will make sure you get your name, in print, in a real, live RFC,
in the Acknowledgements section.

You do NOT have to be a lemonade expert or existing document author to
be successful in these tasks!  This is an excellent way for someone to
"learn the ropes."  I can guarantee that once you complete these tasks,
your documents will improve dramatically.

We are looking for one volunteer per document.

The tasks are:
1. Run the nits checker on the document
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/

2. Run an ABNF checker on the ABNF in the document (if any)
http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/abnf.cgi

3. Troll the mail list and meeting minutes for open issues (if any)
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lemonade/current/index.html
(if you don't have an archive on your machine already)

4. Send the results of the nits checker and ABNF checker to the draft
author.  Of course, the draft author will do this herself before
submitting the draft, so there should be no problems :)

5. Keep track of open issues and whether they have been solved or are
declared unsolvable.  You don't need to be an expert - you can trust the
document authors.

6. When asked, do a write-up, summarizing any open issues or issues that
were contentious (you'll know if they were contentious if there are lots
(>20) messages on the topic).

Please send your willingness to volunteer to the Chairs, Eric Burger and
Glenn Parsons. 

Thanks!

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade