Subject: [lemonade] RFC 4550 on Internet Email to Support Diverse Service Environments (Lemonade) Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:45:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4550

        Title:      Internet Email to Support Diverse 
                    Service Environments (Lemonade) Profile 
        Author:     S. Maes, A. Melnikov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 48790
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4550.txt

This document describes a profile (a set of required extensions,
restrictions, and usage modes) of the IMAP and mail submission
protocols.  This profile allows clients (especially those that are
constrained in memory, bandwidth, processing power, or other areas)
to efficiently use IMAP and Submission to access and submit mail.
This includes the ability to forward received mail without needing to
download and upload the mail, to optimize submission, and to
efficiently resynchronize in case of loss of connectivity with the
server.

The Internet Email to Support Diverse Service Environments (Lemonade)
profile relies upon extensions to IMAP and Mail Submission protocols;
specifically, the URLAUTH and CATENATE IMAP protocol (RFC 3501)
extensions and the BURL extension to the SUBMIT protocol (RFC 4409).  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade