Subject: [lemonade] Draft liaison to OMA

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:39:50 -0400

Folks,

As discussed during the interim here is a draft liaison to OMA.

Note that this needs to be sent soon to ensure it is available for their
next meeting.  As a result, I will be sending this to OMA on June 8th.

Please forward me your comments (if any) before then.

Cheers,
Glenn.

======================D=R=A=F=T========================

From: IETF LEMONADE Working Group
To: OMA MWG MEM Sub Working Group
Date: June 1, 2006
Title: Update on LEMONADE activity	
Response contact:  [email-masked]
Purpose:  For Action

The LEMONADE working group (WG) would like to thank the OMA Mobile Email
Sub Working Group for your latest liaison.

We would like to update you on our progress.  Of note is that we have
several RFCs that have recently been approved:

RFC 4467 - IMAP URLAUTH
RFC 4468 - IMAP BURL
RFC 4469 - IMAP CATENATE
RFC 4550 - LEMONADE Profile

In addition, we are nearing completion on several of the documents in
discussion in the WG.  The following documents are either in or will be
in WG last call after our meeting:

Draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery
Draft-ietf-lemonade-convert
Draft-ietf-search-within
Draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments
Draft-daboo-annotatemore
Draft-melnikov-imap-search-ret

In the LEMONADE Notifications document
(draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications) we have based notification on OMA
EMN.  However, in the development of the functionality we have the need
to identify items (such as message subject, date, sender, etc.) that are
not part of the EMN mechanism.  As a result, we have described these as
a different extended notification payload in addition to the base EMN
payload.  We request that OMA MEM examine this extension and indicate if
our current approach is suitable and if OMA would consider extending EMN
with these capabilities.  

As we have indicated before, the LEMONADE WG is working on a set of
extensions to IMAP and ESMTP to support mobile email.  This set will be
succinctly described in the LEMONADE profile
(draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis).  We understand that the OMA TS will
normatively reference the LEMONADE profile for the MEM protocol.  In
order to help us understand your usage better, we would appreciate a
presentation on the OMA MEM TS for LEMONADE. 

Finally, LEMONADE is considering options for an interoperability event.
interop.  From an IETF perspective, our interest is only to facilitate
protocol maturity.  Specifically, that is to prove the feasibility of
the protocol and to document multiple interworking implementations.  We
are discussing a private event in Fall 2006 to initiate this testing.
Our results could be input to OMA MEM for use in your interop events.
And also this could be followed by marketing/interop at Telecom 2006 and
3GSM trade shows.  Would OMA MEM be interested in interop events?

Up-to-date information on LEMONADE Internet-Drafts and RFCs can always
be found at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/lemonade-charter.html with
more detail tracked on the supplemental site.

Finally, as information, the next meetings of the IETF LEMONADE WG are:
-	Jul 10-14 - IETF 66 plenary - Montreal
-	Oct ? - LEMONADE interim/interop - UK - TBD
-	Nov 10-14 - IETF 67 plenary - California - TBD

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade