Subject: [lemonade] Contexts / vFolder Discussion Summary

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:01:00 -0500

We held a jabber chat on Monday, 12/11/2006.  The log is at:
<http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/lemonade/2006-12-11.html>

The topic was finding a way forward for virtual folders / views / contexts.

Key points (see the log for details):

We don't care as much about legacy clients as we do new clients, because new
clients will be mumble aware, whilst old clients will not.  A little more
overhead for old clients is not so bad, as most are broadband connected; if
it is an issue, they will upgrade to be lemonade-aware, anyway.

Because of this, consensus on the chat was to go forward with the CONTEXT
proposal as part of lemonade-bis.  VFOLDER will go forward as its authors
please; we will track it as a work group item, but its ultimate status
(EXPERIMENTAL verus PROPOSED STANDARD) will be decided by the chairs at a
later date.

Arnt did have a concern that little of IMAP gets implemented in clients, and
thus putting more on clients did not make him feel comfortable.  He will
convey concrete issues to Randy who is the stuckee for writing text to
explain the problem space and issues we are trying to solve with contexts.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade