Subject: [lemonade] FW: Call for interop proposals

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:28:57 -0500

Folks,

There is a proposal for an IETF Apps Area interop event at IETF 71.
This is the first time such an event has been proposed -- see below.

Given that we recently held a LEMONADE interop in November, is anyone
interested in another one in March?

And if anyone is interested, we would need a volunteer to organize this.

Cheers,
Glenn. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 8:13 PM
To: Apps Discuss
Subject: Call for interop proposals

At the Apps area open meeting in Vancouver, Chris & I mentioned the
possibility of doing a day of interoperability events at the next IETF
meeting.  This would replace a day of Apps area meetings during the
normal meeting hours and in the normal meeting location.  Ideally it
would allow people to come to the IETF for more than just "their"  
meeting (although we have always hoped they can attend other WG meetings
as well) and participants may get more benefit and better justification
for attending.

If we're going to do this, we need proposals: what topic  ( IDs, RFCs,
suites or functionality) will be tested.  I don't think interops will
need a lot of management but volunteer coordinators would be ideal.
Proposals will need to be followed quickly by some indications of who
will participate.  WG scheduling is already open and we need to tell the
Secretariat immediately if they need to reserve a day for interops.

Proposals should probably be posted on some relevant subject mailing
list to quickly generate discussion among potential participants -- not
everybody reads Apps Discuss.

Thanks,
Lisa

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade