Subject: Re: [lemonade] I-D Action:draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-08.txt

From: Dan Karp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 06:56:38 -0800 (PST)

> >First, that's poppycock.  If a client can operate *without*
> >CONTEXT=SEARCH, adding CONTEXT=SEARCH does not add any need for
> >sorting whatsoever.
> 
> My point was that if a client uses CONTEXT=SEARCH, that it would
> likely need CONTEXT=SORT.

I don't understand the logic here.  If SORT isn't a requirement for
non-CONTEXT=SEARCH clients, then CONTEXT=SORT isn't a requirement
for clients that use CONTEXT=SEARCH.  The same client-side display
logic should apply in both cases, right?

And I hadn't heard anyone arguing that SORT should be a requirement
for Lemonade absent CONTEXT=SEARCH.

> Now, if you want to argue against removal of CONTEXT=SEARCH, 
> CONTEXT=SORT and ESORT, feel free to do so.

I think that CONTEXT=SEARCH is minor enough that Lemonade will be
fine either with or without it.  But if it requires dragging in huge
prerequisites like SORT, the benefit becomes *way* below the cost.
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade