Subject: [lemonade] Proposed mapping of OMA MEM requirements to Lemonade + other IETF technologies

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:44:57 +0000

This is the result of our design session on Friday.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:48:23 -0400

Folks,

This is a draft liaison to OMA MEM.  The plan is to attach the
spreadsheet we reviewed on Friday.  I will send this week.

Cheers,
Glenn.

==========================
\

From: IETF LEMONADE Working Group
To: OMA MWG MEM Sub Working Group
Date: March 2008
Title: Update on LEMONADE activity	
Response contact:  [email-masked]
Purpose:  For Action

The IETF LEMONADE working group (WG) would like to update you on our
progress.  Of note is that we have numerous RFCs that have already been
approved and published:

RFC 4467 - IMAP URL Authorization (URLAUTH)
RFC 4468 - IMAP BURL 
RFC 4469 - IMAP CATENATE 
RFC 4550 - LEMONADE Profile
RFC 4551 - IMAP Conditional STORE (CONDSTORE) 
RFC 4731 - IMAP ESEARCH 
RFC 4865 - SMTP future delivery
RFC 4978 - IMAP COMPRESS
RFC 5032 - IMAP SEARCH WITHIN
RFC 5092 - IMAP URL
RFC 5161 - IMAP ENABLE
RFC 5162 - IMAP Quick Mailbox Resync

Furthermore, the following documents have been essentially completed and
are in the process of formal approval and publication:
 
draft-ietf-lemonade-deployments (for LEMONADE-compliant Mobile Email)  
draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent (canonical list of events)
draft-ietf-lemonade-convert (IMAP CONVERT)

In addition, we are nearing completion on the rest of the documents in
discussion in the WG.  This includes IMAP CONTEXT, IMAP SIEVE, IMAP
streaming, IMAP notifications, LEMONADE architecture and LEMONADE
Profile-bis. We have a last call schedule in place and intend to
conclude this work by May 2008.

During our IETF 71 plenary meeting, we reviewed the OMA MEM Requirements
Document (RD).  This exercise was useful as a follow-up to the draft OMA
MEM RD review we conducted in September 2005.  We have concluded that
LEMONADE generally meets the requirements you have set.  There are, of
course, some requirements that we believe are out of scope from a
LEMONADE protocol perspective, and others that are simply implementation
specific details.  As well, there are some requirements that are not
clear to us and we would appreciate some clarification to understand if
it is applicable to LEMONADE.  We have attached our detailed review to
this liaison for your comment.  

Finally, as you know, the work of the LEMONADE WG is focused on a set of
extensions to IMAP and ESMTP to support mobile email.  This set will be
succinctly summarized in the LEMONADE profile
(draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis).  We understand that the OMA TS will
normatively reference the LEMONADE profile for the MEM protocol.  In
order to help us understand your usage better and provide comment/input,
we would appreciate an update on the OMA MEM TS for LEMONADE.  

If possible, it would be useful to hold a joint OMA MEM / IETF LEMONADE
workshop to close on clarifications we are looking for with the OMA MEM
RD (and AD) and also to assist you with the LEMONADE details form the
OMA MEM TS.

Up-to-date information on LEMONADE Internet-Drafts and RFCs can always
be found at http://tools.ietf.org/wg/lemonade/ 
with additional information on our charter page
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/lemonade-charter.html 

Finally, as information, the next meetings of the IETF LEMONADE WG are:
-	Apr/May/Jun - interim (if necessary) to deal with comments
-	July 28 - August 1 - IETF 72 plenary - Dublin

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:24:46 -0400

I presume the references to "plenary" are to make something clear in the 
face of different meeting patterns for OMA, yes?

Otherwise, this draft works for me.

Barry

---

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:22:33 -0400

Yes that's right.

The liaison has now been posted.

Cheers,
Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Leiba [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:25 PM
To: Parsons, Glenn (CAR:1A14)
Cc: Lemonade WG
Subject: Re: [lemonade] Draft liaison to OMA MEM

Barry