Subject: [lemonade] WGLC: The Lemonade Profile

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:05:14 -0400

Folks,

After years of hard work, the end is in sight :-)  With all of our
documents either completed or in IESG processing, it is time to conclude
on the definitive WG document.

This is the initiation of a two week WG last call on LEMONADE
Profile-bis.  The WGLC will close on Oct 16th.

The document details are:

	Title           : The Lemonade Profile
	Author(s)       : D. Cridland, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2008-09-30

This document describes a profile (a set of required extensions,
restrictions and usage modes) of the IMAP and mail submission protocols.
This profile allows clients (especially those that are constrained in
memory, bandwidth, processing power, or other areas) to efficiently use
IMAP and Submission to access and submit mail.
This includes the ability to forward received mail without needing to
download and upload the mail, to optimize submission and to efficiently
resynchronize in case of loss of connectivity with the server.
The Lemonade profile relies upon several extensions to IMAP and Mail
Submission protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-11.t
xt 

Cheers,
Glenn.
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:18:08 -0400

Folks,

Here are some editorial comments I have on
<draft-ietf-lemonade-profile-bis-11.txt>:

 - add to the top left front page header either (I prefer the first)
   Obsoletes: 4550    or   Updates: 4550

 - I would update the abstract to read:
  "...), dubbed Lemonade, of the IMAP and Internet Mail submission
protocols."

 - sort the extensions listed in the tables in section 3 by the section
that they are described in, or reorder the section based on their
listing in the tables of section 3...

 - given there is MUA description in 7, there should be a section 3.4
table summary.  It should list IMAP and SUBMIT ... Or we could list a
table of SHOULDs since that is what is in section 7.

 - in section 5.2:  in turns -> in turn

 - in section 5.4:  ransforms -> transforms

 - in section 5.4:  PUSH -> "push email"

 - is it i;unicode-casemap as in 6 _or_ comparator-i;unicode-casemap as
in 3?

 - we should add some of the history of the Lemonade name in an
informative section at the end ... as someone (not me) correctly
recorded on Wikipedia...
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade_Profile
    Actually, this would probably go better at the end of an
informational document like Lemonade architecture... But here is fine as
well.

 - And on that point, we need to add Lemonade architecture --
[LEMONADE-ARCH] <draft-ietf-lemonade-architecture-03.txt> to the
information references.  And then add this sentence to the end of 2 to
introduce it:
 "The LEMONADE WG used the architecture shown in [LEMONADE-ARCH] to
develop the Lemonade Profile."

 - Also add [LEMONADE-NOTIFICATIONS]
<draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications-10.txt > to the informative
references.  And then add this sentence to the end of the first
paragraph of 5.4:
 "The LEMONADE WG used the notifications architecture shown in
[LEMONADE-NOTIFICATIONS] to develop the Lemonade Profile."

Finally, given this has been a significant effort of the LEMONADE WG,
you should note that this is the definitive output of the LEMONADE WG,
again near the end.  And you could even add add that the LEMONADE WG was
chaired by Eric and I. :-)
 
Cheers,
Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Parsons, Glenn (CAR:1A14)
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [lemonade] WGLC: The Lemonade Profile

Folks,

Cheers,
Glenn.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:25:00 +0100

Hi Glenn,
I've either applied or in the process of applying all your changes but 
this one:

> - is it i;unicode-casemap as in 6 _or_ comparator-i;unicode-casemap as
This is not a bug: Sieve declares required comparators using 
"comparator-<comparator-name>".

---

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 08:38:19 -0400

Alexey,

My point is that if it is "comparator-<comparator-name>" then the text
in 6 needs fixing:

   Lemonade Message Delivery Agents MUST support the i;unicode-casemap
comparator
   in Sieve [UNICODE-CASEMAP].  

Or are you saying that "i;unicode-casemap comparator" and
"comparator-i;unicode-casemap" are equivalent?

Cheers,
Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Melnikov [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:25 AM
To: Parsons, Glenn (CAR:1A14)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lemonade] WGLC: The Lemonade Profile

Hi Glenn,

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:39:11 +0100

>"comparator-i;unicode-casemap" are equivalent?
Yes. The latter is the name of the Sieve capability for the former.