Subject: [lemonade] ACL rights needed to update per-mailbox METADATA

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:53:58 +0000

Folks,
I am sorry for rehashing this discussion, but I am trying to remember 
why we've decided that no existing right is suitable for restricting who 
can update per-mailbox metadata.

Here are the choices that were suggested before:

For shared per-mailbox annotations (under /public):
1). no extra right required, just the right to list the mailbox ("l")
2). Use "w" - the right to modify flags other than \Seen and \Deleted
3). Use "s" - the right to modify the \Seen flag [effectively redefining 
it as the "shared state update" right]
4). Invent a new right.

For private per-mailbox annotations (under /private):
A). no extra right required, just the right to list the mailbox ("l")
B). Use "w" - the right to modify flags other than \Seen and \Deleted
C). Invent a new right.

Currently draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-15.txt uses 1) for shared 
per-mailbox annotations and A) for private per-mailbox annotations.
I personally think this is too weak. I can live with choices 2)-4) for 
shared per-mailbox annotations (I prefer 2/4) and B)-C) for private 
per-mailbox annotations.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade