Subject: [lemonade] Protocol Action: 'Internet Message Store Events' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:24:50 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet Message Store Events '
   <draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-07.txt

Technical Summary

   One of the missing features in the existing Internet mail and
   messaging standards is a facility for server-to-server and server-to-
   client event notifications related to message store events.  As the
   scope of Internet mail expands to support more diverse media (such as
   voice mail), devices (such as cell phones) and to provide rich
   interactions with other services (such as web portals and legal
   compliance systems), the need for an interoperable notification
   system increases.  This document attempts to enumerate the types of
   events which interest real-world consumers of such a system.

Working Group Summary
   
   WG had consensus to publish this document.

Document Quality

   Several vendors plan to implement this specification.  The SecDir
   review resulted in some document improvements in -06.

Personnel

   Eric Burger is the document shepherd.  Lisa Dusseault reviewed
   the document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade