Subject: [Lln-futures] BoF Agenda

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:20:49 -0500

Hi Geoff, all,

I subscribed to lln-futures. Thanks for putting this up.

I saw Sye's email on the archive and support it.

I can contribute to the security presentation at the BoF.

Regards,

Behcet

Dear all,

I agree that having a formal BOF in Atlanta would be great to kick off
some discussion. Geoff, what do we need to prepare for a formal BOF in
IETF?

Security for LLN is definitely one of the areas that we should
address. A common solution for key management, communication security,
security bootstrapping is beneficial as we can remove redundancies due
to the constraints of the devices.

Cheers
Sye Loong

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:30:36 -0700

Hi,

that's great! I am also interested in security for LLNs. We have to be
careful to clearly scope the work with respect to SOLACE (did SOLACE
request a BOF as well? Or could there be a combined effort?)

I think there are (at least) two parts that need work: bootstrapping
security parameters (keys etc), which seems to be related to SOLACE. And
then establishement of secure communcation during the operation of the
network (confidentiality, integrity, authentication, as well as key
revokation etc while the network is running).

Best
Ulrich

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Lln-futures mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lln-futures
>