Subject: [Lln-futures] Fwd: Call for Posters and Demos -- SenSys 2013 -- The 11th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems

From: "SenSys'13 Publicity" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 20:13:54 -0700

[Apologies in advance for any cross-postings]

-=* The 11th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems
(SenSys 2013) *=-
                         CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS

The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys) is a
highly selective forum for the presentation of research results on
systems issues in the area of embedded, networked sensors. Distributed
systems based on networked sensors and actuators with embedded
computation capabilities allow for an instrumentation of the physical
world at an unprecedented scale and density, thus enabling a new
generation of monitoring and control applications. SenSys provides a
cross-disciplinary venue for researchers addressing the rich space of
networked sensor system design issues to interact, present and
exchange research results, and demonstrate their work in a hands-on
research exhibition.

SenSys 2013 solicits submissions of both poster and demo abstracts in
reflecting research and development in the above areas of interest.
Contributions from industry presenting prototypes of platforms and
solutions that might enhance future innovative applications are also
encouraged. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on technical
merit and innovation as well as their potential to stimulate
interesting discussions and exchange of ideas. Authors of accepted
abstracts will be given a one-minute slot in a "madness session"
during the conference to present their work in front of the conference
audience. As with previous editions of SenSys, the best poster and
demo will receive an award.

All abstracts shall be formatted according to the main conference
paper layout. Accepted abstracts will appear in the conference
proceedings.

- IMPORTANT DATES -

Abstract submission: July 22nd, 2013
Notification of acceptance: August 19th, 2013
Camera-ready abstract: August 30th, 2013

- SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS -

If you are submitting a poster abstract, please add "Poster Abstract:"
at the beginning of the abstract's title. Use instead "Demo Abstract:"
otherwise.  Please submit your abstract
here:https://sensys2013.cs.virginia.edu/postersDemos/

- POSTERS -

The poster session at SenSys provides a forum for researchers to
present their work and receive feedback from experts attending the
conference. We explicitly encourage submissions from students.

Posters must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more than 3
pages. The first two pages should contain an abstract describing the
research content of the poster, along with title, authors,
institutional affiliations and contact information. The third page
should contain a thumbnail draft of the poster's contents.

For more information, please contact the poster chairs:

Chenyang Lu <[email-masked]>
Luca Mottola <[email-masked]>

- DEMOS -

Sensys solicits demonstrations showing innovative research and
applications. Demos which showcase working systems, new platforms and
tools, innovative applications, path breaking ideas, and other
revolutionary concepts are welcome. Submissions from both industry and
universities are encouraged.

Demos must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more than 3
pages.  The first two pages should contain an abstract describing the
research content of the demo, along with title, authors, institutional
affiliations and contact information.  The third, optional page, whose
format is at your discretion, should contain any additional
information that will be used only to evaluate your demonstration
proposal.  For example, you may detail what you will show during the
demo, outline special requirements (e.g., unusual space needs,
exclusive access to a wireless channel, etc.), or provide links to
additional online material related to your demo.  Links to videos
showing the demonstration are especially encouraged and videos of
accepted demos will be linked from the SenSys web pages.

For more information, please contact the demo chairs:

Emiliano Miluzzo <[email-masked]>
Amy Murphy <[email-masked]>