Subject: [Lln-futures] ACM e-Energy 2015: Preliminary call for papers

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 11:53:35 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Preliminary Call for Papers

                                ACM e-Energy 2015

                                Bangalore, India

                          June 2015 (Exact date TBC)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As countries round the world rally to reduce their carbon emissions in
the face of rising energy costs, there is a growing need to research
computing and communication technologies that will support smarter and
more sustainable energy solutions (e.g., Smart Grid). Such
technologies, measure, monitor and control energy systems (e.g.,
micro-grids and electric vehicles); inform and shape human demand; aid
in  the  prediction,  deployment,  storage  and control of energy
resources;  and  determine  how  utilities, generators, regulators,
and consumers measure, analyze, and collectively control  system
elements. In turn, the exponential growth in the deployment  of
communication and computing  technologies has made them large-scale
energy consumers.  Therefore,  new architectures, technologies and
systems are being developed and deployed to make  computing and
networked system more energy efficient.

The Sixth International Conference on Future Energy Systems (ACM
e-Energy), to be held in Bangalore, India in June 2015, aims to be the
 premier  venue  for researchers working in the broad areas of
computing  and  communication  for smart energy systems (including the
smart  grid),  and  in  energy-efficient computing and communication
systems. By bringing together researchers from a range of disciplines
in  a high-quality single-track  conference with  significant
opportunities  for individual and small-group interaction, it will
serve as a major forum  for presentations and discussions that will
shape the future of this area.

We solicit high-quality papers in the areas of  computing and
communication for the Smart Grid and energy-efficient  computing and
communications.  We welcome submissions  describing theoretical
advances  as  well  as  system design, implementation and
experimentation. ACM e-Energy is committed  to  a fair, timely, and
thorough review process  providing  authors  of submitted papers with
sound and detailed feedback.

Topics covered:

---------------

. Advances in monitoring and control of smart homes and buildings

. Sensing, monitoring, control, and management of energy systems

. Energy-efficient computing and communication, including energy-
efficient data centers

. The impact of storage integration on the smart grid

. Electric Vehicle monitoring and control

. Distribution and transmission network control techniques

. Microgrid and distributed generation management and control

. Modeling, control, and architectures for renewable energy generation resources

. Smart grid communication architectures and protocols

. Privacy and security of smart grid infrastructure

. Innovative pricing and incentives for demand-side management

. Novel technologies to enhance reliability and robustness of energy systems

. HCI for energy monitoring, management, and awareness

. User studies and behavioral change enabled by computing and
communication technologies

. Data analytics for the smart grid and energy-efficient systems

Submissions:

------------

Two type of contributions are solicited:

. Full papers, up to 12 pages in ACM double-column  format,  should
present original theoretical and/or experimental research  in  any  of
 the  areas listed above that  has  not  been previously  published,
accepted  for publication, or is not currently under review  by
another  conference  or journal.

.. Poster/demo descriptions, up  to  2  pages  in  ACM  double-column
format showcasing works-in-progress; accepted posters/demos will be
presented  at the conference. Topics of interest are the same as
research topics  listed above. Preference  will  be  given  to
posters/demos  where  the  primary contribution is from one or more
students.

Papers will be judged in terms of technical quality and originality.

Important Dates: (TBC)

-----------------------

Submission Deadline: January 2015

Reviews and Notification: March-April 2015

Conference: June 2015

General Co-Chairs:

---------------

Shivkumar Kalyanaraman (IBM Research, AUS)

Deva P. Seetharam (IBM Research, INDIA)

TPC Co-chairs:

--------------

Mani Srivastava (UCLA)

Sarvapali (Gopal) Ramchurn (U. Southampton)

-- 

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Assistant Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169 [Spain]
Tel. (Mobile): +39 327 362 1897 [Italy]