Subject: [Lln-futures] ACM e-Energy 2015: CALL FOR CHALLENGE PAPERS, POSTERS, AND WORKSHOPS

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:33:52 +0100

CALL FOR CHALLENGE PAPERS, POSTERS, AND WORKSHOPS

ACM e-Energy 2015, the Sixth International Conference on Future Energy Systems,

July 14-17, 2015,  Bangalore, India

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015/

invites original papers for challenge, poster and demo sessions and
for its workshops E^2DC 2015 and DEN 2015

Challenge papers, Poster and Demos:

Important Dates:

Manuscript Submission (Challenge Papers): January 31, 2015

Decision Notification (Challenge Papers): April 1, 2015

Manuscript Submission (Poster/Demo): April 10, 2015

Decision Notification (Poster/Demo):  April 30, 2015

E^2DC 2015: 4th International Workshop on Energy-Efficient Data Centres

http://www.dc4cities.eu/en/?page_id=3372

DEN 2015: 1st International Workshop on Distributed Energy Networks

http://wattalyst.org/WattalystWebsite/DENWorkshop.html/

Important Dates for both workshops:

Paper submission: March 1

Notification of acceptance: April 30

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACM e-Energy 2015, Challenge papers, Poster & Demos

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015/cfp.php

Computing and communication technologies impact energy systems in two
distinct ways. The exponential growth in deployment of these
technologies has made them large-scale energy consumers. Therefore,
new architectures, technologies and systems are being developed and
deployed to make computing and networked system more energy efficient.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, these technologies are at
the center of the on-going revolution in next generation “smart” and
sustainable energy systems. They measure, monitor and control energy
systems such as the smart grid; inform and shape human demand; aid in
the prediction, deployment, storage and control of energy resources;
and determine how utilities, generators, regulators, and consumers
measure, analyze, and collectively control system elements.

The sixth International Conference on Future Energy Systems (ACM
e-Energy), to be held in Bangalore, India in July 2015 aims to be the
premier venue for researchers working in the broad areas of computing
and communication for smart energy systems (including the smart grid),
and in energy-efficient computing and communication systems. By
bringing together researchers in a high-quality single-track
conference with significant opportunities for individual and small
group interactions, it will serve as a major forum for presentations
and discussions that will shape the future of this area.

------------------------------------------------------------------

E^2DC 2015 http://www.dc4cities.eu/en/?page_id=3372

One challenge of society is to reach the United Nation’s max
2°C-climate change goal, which means to reduce at least 80% of
anthropogenic CO2 emissions. With an increasing share of global
industry’s carbon footprint data centres have a high responsibility
towards this goal. Innovations like new efficient and energy
proportional server generations, energy-aware workload management, or
highly responsive data center designs have contributed to slowing down
the formerly sharp increase of data centres’ energy demand. However,
the ongoing global digitization is counteracting this development.
E2DC offers the opportunity for researchers of all data centre domains
to commonly advance the potential of yet unknown innovations in order
to continue the race for sustainability in and by data centers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

DEN 2015 http://wattalyst.org/WattalystWebsite/DENWorkshop.html/

Building upon a successful Demand Response (DR) workshop in 2014, this
workshop extends its scope seeking to present innovations in all
aspects of distributed energy networks, including generation, storage,
and demand, and their implications on larger electricity grids.

Recent years have seen a groundswell of new technologies and massive
cost reductions in distributed energy networks, ranging from
distributed electricity generation, energy storage, sensing, metering,
solid-state power conversion, energy management systems, and
demand-side management. The core distributed nature of these systems,
where a large number of participants work cooperatively, tears at the
fabric of electricity grids, which for the last century have been
operated with centralized management, planning, and control. We stand
at a precipice where developments in distributed energy networks have
the potential to guide the next century of energy delivery systems and
networks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For more details, please check the e-Energy 2015 website
(http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015).

-- 

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Assistant Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169 [Spain]
Tel. (Mobile): +39 327 362 1897 [Italy]