Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP: E^2DC 2015 (extended submission deadline: March 15)

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 18:35:53 +0100

E^2DC 2015

the 4th international workshop on energy efficient data centres,

http://www.dc4cities.eu/en/e2dc_2015/

(E^2DC 2015 will be collocated with ACM e-Energy in  Bangalore, India,
on July 14th, 2015
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/eenergy/2015/index.php )

One challenge of society is to reach the United Nation’s max
2°C-climate change goal, which means to reduce at least 80% of
anthropogenic CO2 emissions. With an increasing share of global
industry’s carbon footprint data centres have a high responsibility
towards this goal. Innovations like new efficient and energy
proportional server generations, energy-aware workload management, or
highly responsive data center designs have contributed to slowing down
the formerly sharp increase of data centres’ energy demand. However,
the ongoing global digitization is counteracting this development.
E2DC offers the opportunity for researchers of all data centre domains
to commonly advance the potential of yet unknown innovations in order
to continue the race for sustainability in and by data centers.

Important Dates

Paper submission: March 15, 2015 (Extended)

Notification of acceptance: April 20, 2015

Submission of camera ready: May 15, 2015

Workshop: July 14, 2015

Accepted papers will be published in the official ACM e-Energy proceedings.

-- 

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Assistant Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169 [Spain]
Tel. (Mobile): +39 327 362 1897 [Italy]