Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP: Elsevier PHYCOM Special issue on D2D-based Offloading Techniques

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:51:45 +0200

*CFP webpage*

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physical-communication/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-d2d-based-offloading-techniques/

*Scope of the Special Issue*

The Device-to-Device (D2D) communication paradigm was first proposed for
cellular relaying, although it has been later proposed for a large variety
of applications, such as opportunistic routing, peer-to-peer, content
distribution, and cellular offloading. Indeed, the recent emergence of the
D2D paradigm paves the way towards improving the performance of cellular
networks by means of novel opportunistic architectures, e.g, based on
LTE-Direct and WiFi-Direct technologies.

This special issue will focus on theoretical research contributions
presenting new techniques, concepts or analyses, and applied contributions
reporting on experiences and experiments with D2D-based offloading systems.
In particular, within the general framework of D2D communications and
cellular offloading, we solicit manuscripts that present original and
previously unpublished work on topics including, but not limited to, the
following:

   - PHY/MAC architectures;
   - Opportunistic offloading;
   - Opportunistic medium access;
   - Spectrum management;
   - Resource optimization;
   - Energy minimization;
   - Security and privacy;
   - Interference management;
   - Coding and decoding methods;
   - MAC protocol coexistence;
   - Scheduling;
   - HetNets;
   - M2M communications;
   - Vehicular communications;
   - Content distribution architectures.

*Timelines*

Submission deadline:  May 31, 2015
Acceptance deadline: September 30, 2015
Publication: December 2015

*Guest Editors*

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
IMDEA Networks Institute
[email-masked]

Dr. Omer Gurewitz
Ben Gurion University of the Negev
[email-masked]

*Submission Format and Guideline*

All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and
contain only original work, which has not been published by or is currently
under review for any other journal or conference. Papers must not exceed 25
pages (one-column, at least 11pt fonts) including figures, tables, and
references. A detailed submission guideline is available as “Guide to
Authors” at:
http://www.elsevier.com/journals/physical-communication/1874-4907/guide-for-authors

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted through
Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select as “D2D
OFFLOADING” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the submission
process. The EES website is located at: http://ees.elsevier.com/phycom

All papers will be peer-reviewed by three independent reviewers. Requests
for additional information should be addressed to the guest editors.

-- 

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Assistant Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169 [Spain]
Tel. (Mobile): +39 327 362 1897 [Italy]