Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP (deadline extended): Elsevier PHYCOM S.I. on D2D-based Offloading Techniques

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 11:01:39 +0200

Submission deadline extended: July 6th, 2015

CFP webpage

http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physical-communication/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-d2d-based-offloading-techniques/

Scope of the Special Issue

The Device-to-Device (D2D) communication paradigm was first proposed
for cellular relaying, although it has been later proposed for a large
variety of applications, such as opportunistic routing, peer-to-peer,
content distribution, and cellular offloading. Indeed, the recent
emergence of the D2D paradigm paves the way towards improving the
performance of cellular networks by means of novel opportunistic
architectures, e.g, based on LTE-Direct and WiFi-Direct technologies.

This special issue will focus on theoretical research contributions
presenting new techniques, concepts or analyses, and applied
contributions reporting on experiences and experiments with D2D-based
offloading systems. In particular, within the general framework of D2D
communications and cellular offloading, we solicit manuscripts that
present original and previously unpublished work on topics including,
but not limited to, the following:

PHY/MAC architectures;
Opportunistic offloading;
Opportunistic medium access;
Spectrum management;
Resource optimization;
Energy minimization;
Security and privacy;
Interference management;
Coding and decoding methods;
MAC protocol coexistence;
Scheduling;
HetNets;
M2M communications;
Vehicular communications;
Content distribution architectures.

Guest Editors

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
IMDEA Networks Institute
[email-masked]

Dr. Omer Gurewitz
Ben Gurion University of the Negev
[email-masked]

Submission Format and Guideline

All submitted papers must be clearly written in excellent English and
contain only original work, which has not been published by or is
currently under review for any other journal or conference. Papers
must not exceed 25 pages (one-column, at least 11pt fonts) including
figures, tables, and references. A detailed submission guideline is
available as “Guide to Authors” at:
http://www.elsevier.com/journals/physical-communication/1874-4907/guide-for-authors

All manuscripts and any supplementary material should be submitted
through Elsevier Editorial System (EES). The authors must select as
“D2D OFFLOADING” when they reach the “Article Type” step in the
submission process. The EES website is located at:
http://ees.elsevier.com/phycom

All papers will be peer-reviewed by three independent reviewers.
Requests for additional information should be addressed to the guest
editors

-- 

Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Assistant Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169 [Spain]
Tel. (Mobile): +39 327 362 1897 [Italy]