Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP - CLEEN 2017 - Deadline extended

From: vincenzo mancuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 09:58:26 +0200

Call for Papers

Fifth International Workshop on Cloud Technologies and Energy
Efficiency in Mobile Communication Networks (CLEEN 2017), 22 June
2017, Turin, Italy

web site: www.flex5gware.eu/cleen2017

Important Dates:
Extended paper Submission deadline:  14/04/2017
Submission web link: www.flex5gware.eu/cleen2017/submission

Scope and Objectives:
This workshop explores novel concepts to allow for flexibly
centralised radio access networks using cloud-processing based on open
IT platforms, in coordination with network functions virtualization
technologies and MEC (Multi-Access Edge Computing), that are
recognized as key enablers for the definition of future 5G systems.
The aim is to allow for a guaranteed high quality of experience for
mobile access to cloud-processing resources and services, and to allow
a future network evolution focused on energy efficiency and
cost-effectiveness. In fact, all future innovative network solutions
will be conceived and deployed with a long term perspective of
sustainability, both in terms of energy consumption of mobile network
(and related interoperability with terminals) and cost efficiency of
the different deployment and management options. This requires new
concepts for the design, operation, and optimization of radio access
networks, backhaul networks, operation and management algorithms, and
architectural elements, tightly integrating mobile networks and
cloud-processing. This workshop will cover technologies across PHY,
MAC, and network layers, technologies which translate the
cloud-paradigm to the radio access and backhaul network, and will
analyse the network evolution from the energy efficiency perspective.
It will study the requirements, constraints, and implications for
mobile communication networks, and also potential relationship with
the offered service, both from the academic and the industrial point
of view.

We solicit original submissions in the following areas:

- Centralized / decentralized PHY and MAC processing
- Flexible assignment of functionality in mobile networks
- Joint operation and optimization of radio access and backhaul
networks for cloud-based mobile networks
- Integration of cloud-services into green heterogeneous wireless networks
- Management of cloud-based/cloud-operated heterogeneous networks
providing access to cloud-services
- Energy efficiency vs. QoS vs cost-efficiency trade-offs
- Architectural evolution of mobile networks 
- MEC and related enablers (e.g. new interfaces, protocols,
node-to-node communication, D2D communication, …)
- Cost effective deployment strategies for evolved heterogeneous
wireless network
- Service and energy management aspects of cloud-based mobile networks
- Storage and computation capability of small cells
- Resource allocation techniques; interference analysis, avoidance,
and mitigation for heterogeneous networks
- Testbeds and performance evaluation for cloud-based mobile
communication networks

Submission Guidelines:
Accepted papers should be presented for publication in IEEExplore. A
full version of each paper has to be submitted through the EDAS system
under the workshop track. Guidelines for submission can be found in
the CLEEN2017 website: www.flex5gware.eu/cleen2017/submission
Organising Committee:

General Chairs
Dario Sabella (Intel, Germany)
Emilio Calvanese Strinati (CEA LETI, France)

TPC co-chairs
Miquel Payaró (CTTC, Spain)
Sergio Barbarossa (Univ. La Sapienza, Rome, Italy)
Panagiotis Demestichas (University of Piraeus, Greece)

Publicity co-chairs
Valerio Palestini (TIM, Telecom Italia group, Italy)
Vincenzo Mancuso (IMDEA networks, Spain)

Steering committee
Michael Faerber (Intel, Germany)
Maurizio Mayer (AICT, Italy)
Chuan Heng Foh (University of Surrey, IEEE ComSoc TCGCC, UK)
Antonio Manzalini (TIM, Telecom Italia group, Italy, IEEE SDN chair)
Jinsong Wu (Universidad de Chile, IEEE ComSoc TCGCC, Chile)
Xavier Costa, NEC Eurolabs, Germany
Tao Chen, VTT, Finland

Technical Programme Committee:

Fredrik Tillman, Ericsson, Sweden
Tapio Rautio, VTT, Finland
Sylvie Mayrargue, CEA-LETI, France
Adlen Ksentini, EURECOM, France
Dieter Ferling, Nokia Bell Labs, Germany
Pablo Serrano, UC3M, Spain
Marco Di Girolamo, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Dirk Wubben, University of Bremen
Fabio Giust, NEC Eurolabs, Germany
Giovanni Stea, University of Pisa
Konstantinos Samdanis, Huawei, Germany
Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino
Antonio De Domenico, CEA-LETI, Grenoble
Josep Vidal, UPC, Spain
Lynda Mokdad, University of Paris, France
Hacene Fouchal, Université de Reims, France
Ranga Rao Venkatesha Prasad, EWI, TUDelft, The Netherlands.
Zdenek Becvar, CTU, Prague
Navid Nikaein, EURECOM, France
Franco Vatalaro, AEIT, Univ Roma Tor Vergata, Italy
Panagiotis Vlacheas, WINGS ICT Solutions
Loreto Pescosolido, Italian National Research Council (CNR) -
Institute for Informatics and Telematics - IIT, Pisa, Italy
Matthieu DE MARI, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Xavier Costa, NEC Eurolabs, Germany
Alain Mourad, Interdigital, UK
Antonio De La Oliva, UC3M, Spain
Haijun Zhang, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China

-- 
Dr. Vincenzo Mancuso
PhD in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications

Research Associate Professor at IMDEA Networks Institute
Avenida del Mar Mediterraneo, 22
28918 Leganes (Madrid)
SPAIN
Tel. (Office): +34 91 481 6968
Tel. (Mobile): +34 68 235 7169