Subject: [Lln-futures] WCNC'18 Call for Workshop proposals

From: ANTONIO DE LA OLIVA DELGADO <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 15:57:19 +0200

Dear all, apologies for multiple postings:

The 2018 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) will
be held in Barcelona, at the Centre de Convencions Internacional de
Barcelona (CCIB), on April 16-18, 2018. The conference will feature a
comprehensive technical program to bring together wireless experts from
industry and academia.

ORGANIZATION AND SUBMISSION PROCEDURE

The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics of
particular interest to the wireless community. Each workshop should include
a mix of regular papers, invited presentations and panels that encourage
the participation of attendees in active discussions.

Priority will be given to proposals that not only address an exciting topic
but also promise a creative format likely to generate lively interactions
and foster new ideas. Examples include bringing practitioners and
researchers together, as well as facilitating multi-disciplinary
discussions that can lead to high impact and transformative research. All
accepted workshops should implement peer-reviews of accepted papers. Papers
will be added to IEEE Xplore and the Conference Proceedings. Notification
of acceptance and camera-ready due dates must match the corresponding due
dates of the regular conference papers.

IMPORTANT DATES

   - *Proposal Deadline:* June 30, 2017
   - *Notification of Acceptance:* July 28, 2017.

PROPOSAL TEMPLATE

Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:

   1. Title of the workshop.
   2. Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the
   timeliness of the proposed workshop (1 page maximum).
   3. Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information).
   4. A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words).
   5. Names of potential participants, such as program committee members
   and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a
   plus).
   6. Planned format of the workshop, including:
      - Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
      - Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels
      (and panel formats) etc.
      - Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the
      ComSoc's academic best-practices.
      - Unique, creative, and novel formats are strongly encouraged and
      will be given highest priority.
   7. Draft Call for Papers.
   8. A description of the publicity and promotion plan.
   9. The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of
   the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted).
   10.  If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop,
   including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.

WORKSHOP CHAIRS

*Zhisheng Niu*
Tsinghua University, Beijing (China)

*Antonio de la Oliva*
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)

*Narcís Cardona*
Universitat Politècnica de València (Spain)

*Josep Martrat*
Atos Research (Spain)

To submit a workshop proposal, please fill out this template form
<http://wcnc2018.ieee-wcnc.org/sites/wcnc2018.ieee-wcnc.org/files/IEEE-WCNC-2018-workshop_proposal_template.docx>
and submit it via email to [email-masked].

Br

WCNC Workshop Co-chairs

-- 
Antonio de la Oliva
Assistant Professor
Telematics Department
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +34 91 624 8803
Fax:   +34 91 624 8749