Subject: [Lln-futures] ACM BuildSys 2017 Call for Paper

From: Polly Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 13:51:45 +0800

-- Our sincere apologies if you receive duplicates of the call --

==============================================
Dear Colleagues,

Please see below the Call for Papers for ACM BuildSys 2017. We
enthusiastically look forward to your submissions on advancements in
systems for any aspect of the built environment.  Our sincere
apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email.

BuildSys has established itself as the premier conference for
researchers and practitioners working to develop and optimize smart
infrastructure systems that are driven by sensing, computing, and
control functions. The review process is very thorough, and
publications are considered to have the same value as journal
publications in engineering fields.

November 8-9, 2017
Delft, The Netherlands | co-located with ACM SenSys 2017
http://buildsys.acm.org/2017/

Important Dates:
Abstract Registration: June 9, 2017 (11:59 PM AoE)
Paper Submission Deadline: June 16, 2017 (11:59 PM AoE)
Acceptance Notification: August 18, 2017
Camera-Ready Deadline: September, 2017
Conference Dates:  November 8-9, 2017

** For the abstract registration, you only need to enter the title of
the paper, the list of authors and their email addresses, the PC
conflicts, and a brief abstract (~150-250 words). After registering
the paper's abstract, you will have an additional week to upload the
PDF file of the paper (either a 10-page Full paper or a 4-page Notes
paper).

Advances in the effective integration of networked sensors, building
controls, and physical infrastructure are transforming our society,
allowing the formation of unprecedented built environments and
interlocking physical, social, cyber challenges. Built environments,
including buildings and critical urban infrastructure, account for
over half of society’s energy consumption and are the mainstay of our
nation’s economy, security and health. As a result, there is a broad
recognition that systems optimizing explicitly for the built
environment are particularly important in improving our society, e.g.,
by increasing its sustainability and enhancing people’s
quality-of-life. These systems represent the foundation for emerging
“smart cities”.

The 4th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient
Built Environments (BuildSys 2017) will be held November 8-9, 2017 at
Delft, The Netherlands. We invite original contributions in the areas
of intelligent systems and applications for the built environment.
BuildSys particularly emphasizes approaches that improve energy
efficiency, reduce costs, increase performance, and add novel
functionality for improving users’ comfort and experience. BuildSys’
scope is broad, encompassing all systems within the built environment
of the urban fabric, including not only buildings but also critical
infrastructure systems, such as water, power, lighting,
communications, and transportation that will make up the “smart
cities” of the future.

Submission Types:
We solicit three types of original submissions:
  * Regular papers for oral presentation (10 pages)
  * Notes papers for oral presentation (4 pages)
  * Technical posters and demos will be solicited via a separate call (2 pages)

Topics:
Papers are invited in all emerging aspects of information-driven
systems for the built environment. Topics of interest include but are
not limited to the following:
·     Applications in smart and connected communities;
·     Sensing and control for urban infrastructure systems;
·     Novel sensor methodologies, techniques, and tools;
·     Sensing and control of electrical, gas, and water loads;
·     Improved user interfaces to built infrastructure;
·     Modeling, simulation, optimization, and control of heating,
      cooling, lighting, ventilation, water usage and other resource
      flows in built environments;
·     Sensor systems and applications that enhance energy efficiency,
      energy reliability, durability and comfort;
·     Systems that integrate infrastructure with the smart grid to
      offer demand response and ancillary services;
·     Distributed generation, alternative energy, renewable sources,
      and energy storage in buildings;
·     Emerging standards for data collection, energy control, or
      interoperability of disparate devices or systems;
·     Sensing, modeling, and predicting the urban heartbeat including
      sounds, movements, and radio spectrum;
·     Human in the loop sensing and control for efficient usage of
      electricity, gas, heating, water;
·     Sensor systems for reliable occupancy counting;
·     Long-lived and energy harvesting sensor systems;
·     Scalable indoor localization and contextual computing;
·     Security, privacy, safety, and reliability in built systems;
·     Empirical studies of city-scale wireless communications.