Subject: [Lln-futures] CFP ACM WiNTECH 2017 Workshop (in conjunction with MOBICOM 2017)

From: Francesco Gringoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 18:56:33 +0200

[Apologies if you have received multiple copies of this message]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    CALL FOR PAPERS

The 11th ACM Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds,

Experimental evaluation & CHaracterization (ACM WiNTECH 2017)

Held in conjunction with ACM MOBICOM 2017 -- Experimental Track

Deadline: June 15 (Paper registration), June 22 (Paper submission)

http://peng.cse.ohio-state.edu/wintech2017

October 16, 2017 -- Snowbird, Utah, US

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACM WiNTECH has advanced to its second decade as one consolidated tradition
for bringing together an important number of researchers and industry
players working in different aspects of experimental wireless
communications. The workshop will continue to serve as a forum for sharing
new ideas and experiences gathered across all experimental aspects of
wireless networks and systems, such as the methodological and technical
issues that have to be faced for defining, running, controlling and
benchmarking experiments on wireless solutions. The workshop will also
facilitate discussions of key unresolved challenges and emerging problems
in the field, such as new laboratory methodologies, key real-life
limitations of current and novel wireless technologies that have emerged
over the past few years (including mmWave, underwater, 5G, IoT, wearables,
and SDN), as well as key challenges facing the wireless networking of the
future.

We are seeking original, previously unpublished papers empirically
addressing key issues and challenges in wireless networking. All
submissions will be judged by their technical merit and relevance to the
workshop, based on a thorough review process by the Technical Program
Committee.

===================================================

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

• Design and evaluation of wireless testbeds and prototyping platforms for

• mmWave communications and networking

• Emerging PHY implemented on Software defined radio (SDR)

• IoT and wearable computing

• Visible Light Communications (VLC)

• UAV, multi-robot and vehicular networks

• Underwater/underground networks Software Defined Networking (SDN) for
wireless networks

• Cellular networks (LTE, 5G)

• Innovative protocols on sensor nodes

• Innovative protocols on WiFi nodes

• Other wireless networks, mobile computing, cyber-physical systems

• Experiences/lessons from recent testbed deployments

• Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing

• Testbed control and management issues

• Evaluation of large-scale and heterogeneous wireless networks

• Experimental evaluation of performance/energy consumption of applications
and protocols, including the impact of cross-layer Interactions

• Measurement and evaluation on large-scale smartphone based deployments

• Real-world evaluation of cellular networks

• Studies on real-world white-space networks, interference and spectrum
usage measurements

• Coexistence in unlicensed bands, including LTE/WiFi coexistence

• Measurement and characterisation (modelling) of real-world aspects of
wireless networks such as usage patterns, traffic, mobility and channel
characteristics

• Security and privacy mechanisms for mobile and wireless networks

• Sharing experiences and results with real testbeds, experimental
evaluation, prototyping and empirical characterisation of wireless
technologies

============================================================

Paper submission instructions

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published or
currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be
submitted by using the HOTCRP conference management system (
https://wintech17.hotcrp.com/). Prospective authors are encouraged to
submit a single PDF file with all font embedded, using the ACM conference
proceedings format. Paper length is limited to eight (8) pages (in
two-column, 10-point format) including references, figures and everything.
Papers must include the author name and affiliation for single-blind peer
reviewing by the program committee. Authors of accepted papers are expected
to present their papers at the workshop. Accepted papers will be published
in the ACM WiNTECH proceedings and will be archived in the ACM Library. All
papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award.

===================================================

Important Dates:

Paper registration: June 15, 2017

Paper submission: June 22, 2017

Acceptance notification: July 21, 2017

Camera ready: July 29, 2017

Poster/Demo submission: July 24, 2017

Poster/Demo acceptance notification: Aug 7, 2017

Poster/Demo camera ready: Aug 15, 2017

===================================================

Workshop Chairs:

- Chunyi Peng, The Ohio State University

- Ilenia Tinnirello, University degli Studi di Palermo

Steering Committee:

- Edward Knightly, Rice University

- Sung-Ju Lee, KAIST

- Mahesh Marina, University of Edinburgh

- Peter Steenkiste, Carnegie Mellon University

- Giuseppe Bianchi, University of Roma Tor Vergata

- Dimitrios Koutsonikolas, University at Buffalo, SUNY

- Paul Patras, University of Edinburgh

Demo and Poster Chair:

- Pengyu Zhang, Stanford University

===================================================

If you have any other question regarding WiNTECH 2017, please contact us at
[email-masked].

Workshop website: http://peng.cse.ohio-state.edu/wintech2017

-- 

Informativa sulla Privacy: http://www.unibs.it/node/8155