Subject: [Lln-futures] [Last Call for Papers] 2nd ACM Workshop on Device-Free Human Sensing (DFHS 2020)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 16:50:58 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message. The submission
deadline for DFHS 2020 is September 24, only two days away. We are looking
forward to your contributions!

Warm regards,
DFHS 2020 General Chairs
Mostafa Mirshekari, Jonathon
Fagert, Adeola Bannis

------------

We invite you to submit your work to the 2nd ACM Workshop on Device-Free
Human Sensing (DFHS 2020) which is part of Buildsys 2020. We enthusiastically
look forward to your submissions on sensing systems and algorithms for
device-free human sensing. The workshop will be held virtually on November 15,
2020.

DFHS 2020 CFP Website: https://dfhs-buildsys.github.io/dfhs2020/cfp.html
DFHS 2020 Submission Website: https://dfhs20.hotcrp.com/

====================================================================
Call for Papers: Second International Workshop on Device-Free Human Sensing
- part of Buildsys 2020 -
====================================================================

The advent of human sensing has enabled many applications in smart buildings
and cities, including healthcare, energy management, and marketing. Considerable
work has been done in the recent past to sense humans using devices which they
carry or wear, such as smartphones and wearables. These approaches, although
potentially accurate, have high installation and maintenance requirements which
limit their applications in some real-life scenarios. For example, in eldercare
monitoring, requiring the elderly to wear or carry a device at all times is an
important limitation. This calls for research for device-free human sensing.
Specifically, we need to 1) develop device-free sensing hardware and 2) design
data-driven, physics-based, or physics-guided data-driven algorithms to extract
meaningful information about human status, activities, and behavioral
patterns.

This full-day workshop solicits technical papers describing original,
previously unpublished research, not currently under review by another
conference or journal, pertaining to Device-Free Human Sensing, including
sensing systems and algorithms. It provides a forum for a broad range of
unsolicited high-quality scientific research papers that meet the criteria of
originality, presentation quality, and topic relevance. Submissions should
clearly identify how they relate to topics under consideration in this workshop.
Contributions describing an overall working system and reporting real-world
deployment experiences are particularly of interest.

Device-free topics of interest include but not limited to:

~ Indoor occupant localization/navigation
~ User
identification
~ User authentication
~ Indoor activity
recognition
~ Occupancy estimation
~ Occupant health
monitoring
~ Occupant and Customer behaviour tracking
~
Mood and emotion assessment
~ Human-Building and Human-Computer
interaction
~ Human sensing in hazardous environment
~
In-vehicle people health, mood, and emotion monitoring
~ New platform
or sensing modalities for device-free human sensing
~ Device-free
heterogeneous sensing
~ Learning algorithms and models for perception,
understanding, and adaptation to deployment variation

===Paper Types===

We solicit original notes papers for oral presentation (4 pages). The shorter
length of the papers aims to encourage the younger researchers and industry
experts to submit their papers in this workshop. Further, they aim to attract
novel and multi-disciplinary research topics which are not yet fully developed
and can incite discussion in the workshop audience.

===Important dates===

Submission deadline: September 24, 2020, 11:59:59pm AOE (extended)
Notifications: October 9, 2020, 11:59:59pm AOE
Camera ready : October 16,
2020, 11:59:59pm AOE
Workshop: Nov 15, 2020

===Submission Guidelines===

Submitted papers must be unpublished and must not be currently under review
for any other publication. Paper submissions must be at most 4 single-spaced US
Letter (8.5"x11") pages, excluding references and appendices. All submissions
must use the LaTeX (preferred) or Word styles found here. Latex submissions
should use the 'sigconf' document class. Authors must make a good faith effort
to anonymize their submissions by (1) using the "anonymous" option for the class
and (2) using "anonsuppress" section where appropriate.

===Submission Link===
All papers must be in Adobe Portable
Document Format (PDF). The final papers should be submitted through the
following link: https://dfhs20.hotcrp.com/