Subject: [lp-wan] draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header

From: Tom Phinney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:17:46 -0700

1) The 9-bit datagram_tag field in Figure 1 needs to be shortened to 8 
bits, making it the same size as the correspondingly-named field of 
Figure 2 and reducing the overall size of Figure 1 to a byte multiple.

2) There appears to be no reason why the rightmost two fields of Figure 
2 are reordered from those of Figure 1. Keeping those fields in the same 
order in both figures (i.e., with the datagram_tag field in the same bit 
positions) will reduce misunderstanding and implementation errors. 
Whichever field order is chosen for Figure 1 should also be used for 
Figure 2.

-Tom Phinney

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:21:02 +0100

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot for your comments!

You are definitely right. Carsten just made the same comments in his
previous e-mail.

In the next draft version we'll incorporate your comments.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Carles

> _______________________________________________
> lp-wan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lp-wan
>