Subject: [lp-wan] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:06:36 -0500

Hello,

Here you will find a new draft, which explains the applicability of RoHC 
in the LPWAN technologies.

Thanks
Ana

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt
Date: 2016-07-07 11:55
 From: [email-masked]
To: "Laurent Toutain" <[email-masked]>, "Ana 
Minaburo" <[email-masked]>, "Laurent Toutain" 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ana Minaburo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability
Revision:	00
Title:		RoHC applicability in LPWAN
Document date:	2016-07-07
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00

Abstract:
    This document makes a survey of the way to adapt the RoHC mechanisms
    to the LPWAN networks.  It aims to show that RoHC header compression
    is not adapted for the constrained LPWAN networks.  RoHC was defined
    to reduce the overhead over point-to-point connections for multimedia
    flows, which does not correspond to the LPWAN traffic description.
    RoHC is not able to reduce the use of battery and optimize the energy
    lifetime.  If RoHC is used it will need a big effort to be adapted,
    there would be some problems to preserve a good transmission and
    packet lost will cause a context desynchronisation which implies a
    transmission of a complete header.  LP-WAN's are different
    technologies covering different applications based on long range, low
    bandwidth and low power operation.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat