Subject: [lp-wan] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 18:21:01 +0200

Hi everyone,

We have submitted version -02 of the fragmentation draft.

The main change is the addition of content to the security considerations
section.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Carles

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Tue, July 5, 2016 6:10 pm
To:      "Jon Crowcroft" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Josep Paradells" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header
Revision:	02
Title:		Optimized 6LoWPAN Fragmentation Header for LPWAN
Document date:	2016-07-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02.txt
Status:        
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header/
Htmlized:      
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-02

Abstract:
   LPWAN technologies are characterized by a very limited data unit and/
   or payload size, often one order of magnitude below the one in IEEE
   802.15.4.  However, many such technologies do not support layer 2
   fragmentation.  The 6LoWPAN fragmentation header defined in RFC 4944
   represents very high overhead for LPWAN technologies, and it even
   does not support transporting IPv6 datagrams that require
   fragmentation over layer 2 technologies of a payload size below 13
   bytes.  This specification defines an optimized 6LoWPAN fragmentation
   header for LPWAN.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat