Subject: [lp-wan] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-09.txt

From: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 17:07:50 +0100

Hi,

As a Christmas present, here is the latest version of the draft. It
includes the changes we discussed Tuesday.
The state machine has also been changed to add bitmap retransmission and
the examples to include the
last modifications on bitmap.

Merry Christmas

Ana, Carles and Laurent

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-09.txt
To: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>, Ana Minaburo <
[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Laurent Toutain <
[email-masked]>, Carles Gomez <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Laurent Toutain and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc
Revision:       09
Title:          LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and
fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
Document date:  2017-12-22
Group:          lpwan
Pages:          56
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc-09.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-
context-hc-09
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-
ipv6-static-context-hc-09
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-
static-context-hc-09

Abstract:
   This document describes a header compression scheme and fragmentation
   functionality for very low bandwidth networks.  These techniques are
   specially tailored for Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN).

   The Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) offers a great level of
   flexibility when processing the header fields.  SCHC compression is
   based on a common static context stored in a LPWAN device and in the
   network.  Static context means that the stored information does not
   change during packet transmission.  The context describes the field
   values and keeps information that will not be transmitted through the
   constrained network.

   SCHC must be used for LPWAN networks because it avoids complex
   resynchronization mechanisms, which are incompatible with LPWAN
   characteristics.  And also, because with SCHC, in most cases IPv6/UDP
   headers can be reduced to a small identifier called Rule ID.  Even
   though, sometimes, a SCHC compressed packet will not fit in one L2
   PDU, and the SCHC fragmentation protocol defined in this document may
   be used.

   This document describes the SCHC compression/decompression framework
   and applies it to IPv6/UDP headers.  This document also specifies a
   fragmentation and reassembly mechanism that is used to support the
   IPv6 MTU requirement over LPWAN technologies.  Fragmentation is
   mandatory for IPv6 datagrams that, after SCHC compression or when it
   has not been possible to apply such compression, still exceed the L2
   maximum payload size.  Similar solutions for other protocols such as
   CoAP will be described in separate documents.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat