Subject: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 02:41:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Carles Gomez
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-11.txt
	Pages           : 63
	Date            : 2018-04-13

Abstract:
   This document defines the Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   framework, which provides header compression and fragmentation
   functionality.  SCHC has been tailored for Low Power Wide Area
   Networks (LPWAN).

   SCHC compression is based on a common static context stored in both
   LPWAN devices and in the network sides.  This document defines SCHC
   header compression mechanism and its deployment for IPv6/UDP headers.
   This document also specifies a fragmentation and reassembly mechanism
   that is used to support the IPv6 MTU requirement over the LPWAN
   technologies.  The Fragmentation is needed for IPv6 datagrams that,
   after SCHC compression or when it has not been possible to apply such
   compression, still exceed the layer two maximum payload size.

   The SCHC header compression mechanism is independent of the specific
   LPWAN technology over which it will be used.  Note that this document
   defines generic functionalities and advisedly offers flexibility with
   regard to parameters settings and mechanism choices, that are
   expected to be made in other technology-specific documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/