Subject: [lp-wan] Ticket #7: Hop Limit default values (closed)

From: Ana Minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:03:38 +0200

Is it possible to assume defaults values for the Hop Limit constant value?
We can say (64 for going up) and (2 for going down)

Non, because there are no default values for header fields, they depend on
the Rule.
Changed 5 weeks ago
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/timeline?from=2018-02-26T10%3A36%3A40-08%3A00&precision=second>
 by ana@…

Interim meeting 30/01:

#2 <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/ticket/2>: default value for Hop
limit? no default. Because we assume the LPWAN has no loop, Hop limit is of
no use. In a topology with risk of loop, field should be sent (potentially
on fewer bits).
comment:2 <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/ticket/7#comment:2>Changed 5
weeks ago
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/timeline?from=2018-02-26T10%3A36%3A59-08%3A00&precision=second>
 by ana@…

   - *Resolution* set to *fixed*
   - *Status* changed from *new* to *closed*

comment:3 <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/ticket/7#comment:3>Changed 0
seconds ago
<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/lpwan/timeline?from=2018-04-03T03%3A01%3A57-07%3A00&precision=second>
 by ana@…

This ticket has been closed because it is a misunderstood. The SCHC
compression does not need to have default values, each possible value may
yield to a new Rule.