Subject: [lp-wan] Ticket 28: ACK-Always baseline mechanism description to be rephrased

From: ana minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 15:47:19 +0200

Hello,

I'm not able to manage this ticket too. Please find in the copy the input
we have done into the last version of the draft-14.
If you agree ticket may be closed

Ana

Section 7.5.2 of version 13 specifies:

                      When the FCN reaches value 0 and there are more
   SCHC Fragments to be sent after, the sender transmits the last SCHC
   Fragment of this window using the All-0 fragment format, it starts
   the transmitted is the last SCHC Fragment of the SCHC Packet, the
   sender uses the All-1 fragment format, which includes a MIC.

It seems that the sentence is incomplete or ill-formed.

Nos the Section says:

When the FCN reaches value 0, if there are more SCHC Fragments remaining to
be sent, the sender transmits the last SCHC Fragment of this window using
the All-0 fragment format. It then starts the Retransmission Timer and
waits for an SCHC ACK. Otherwise, if FCN reaches 0 and the sender transmits
the last SCHC Fragment of the SCHC Packet, the sender uses the All-1
fragment format, which includes a MIC. The sender sets the Retransmission
Timer and waits for the SCHC ACK to know if transmission errors have
occurred.