Subject: [lp-wan] Magnus Westerlund's Block on charter-ietf-lpwan-01-03: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 06:39:46 -0800

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lpwan-01-03: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lpwan/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this will be fairly easily to resolve. However, I don't understand what
is meant with "baseline technologies" in:

        2. Produce Standard Track documents to apply SCHC IPv6/UDP over the
        baseline
                        technologies.

Maybe some definition of what is meant with baseline technologies can be added.
I could interpret that this would be to apply this to any IPv6 network, which I
don't think it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please expand the SCHC acronym on its first usage.

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:49:39 +0000

Hello Magnus

The baseline technologies are the technologies listed above without being called baseline, which creates the confusion
"
The Working Group will focus on enabling IPv6 connectivity over the following
selection of Low-Power Wide-Area technologies: SIGFOX, LoRa, WI-SUN and NB-IO
"

All the best

Pascal
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
> Sent: jeudi 5 mars 2020 15:40
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Magnus Westerlund's Block on charter-ietf-lpwan-01-03: (with BLOCK
> and COMMENT)
> 
> When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email
> addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory
> paragraph, however.)
> 
> 
> 
> I think this will be fairly easily to resolve. However, I don't understand what is
> meant with "baseline technologies" in:
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 16:33:12 +0000

Thanks,

Will remove my block when the charter text has been updated. 

Cheers

Magnus

On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 15:49 +0000, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
> Hello Magnus
> 
> The baseline technologies are the technologies listed above without being
> called baseline, which creates the confusion
> "
-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Torshamnsgatan 23           | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------