Subject: [lp-wan] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 02:48:36 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The TSV-ART review flagged a problem with
draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc (Thanks Joe) which is a normative
dependency but is already in RFC editor state. Ben also already captured this
in his ballot. I also think it would be important to address this problem
before final publication (of both docs) and the TSV ADs will coordinate with
the INT ADs on this.

Minor comment:
Sec 7.3:
"   The Outer SCHC Rules (Figure 16) MUST process the OSCORE Options
   fields. "
The example section should probably not have normative language.

---

From: Ana Minaburo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:10:01 +0100

Dear Mirja,

First of all, thank you for reviewing our document. See my comments below

Ana

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

Ana: About the TSV-ART discussion, Dominique has answered to Joseph, and we
hope this clarifies the input.
SCHC behaviour is not modified or does not need anything else to compress
this new UDP option, when this option is in the header and needs to be
compressed,
the Rule have to define the way to do it.

> Ana: Good catch, we have modified the document

Ana