Subject: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 13:17:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) for CoAP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Ricardo Andreasen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2020-03-05

Abstract:
   This draft defines the way SCHC (Static Context Header Compression)
   header compression can be applied to the CoAP protocol.  SCHC is a
   header compression mechanism adapted for constrained devices.  SCHC
   uses a static description of the header to reduce the redundancy and
   the size of the information in the header.  While
   [I-D.ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc] describes the SCHC
   compression and fragmentation framework, and its application for
   IPv6/UDP headers, this document applies the use of SCHC for CoAP
   headers.  The CoAP header structure differs from IPv6 and UDP since
   CoAP uses a flexible header with a variable number of options,
   themselves of variable length.  The CoAP protocol messages format is
   asymmetric: the request messages have a header format different from
   the one in the response messages.  This specification gives guidance
   on how to apply SCHC to flexible headers and how to leverage the
   asymmetry for more efficient compression Rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/