Subject: [lp-wan] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-lpwan-01-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 14:56:27 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lpwan-01-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lpwan/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume that "baseline technologies" is the list of technologies that the WG
will focus on enabling IPv6 connectivity over?

The charter says that traffic tends to be "upstream", but we have a work item
for multicast.  Is that multicast usage expected to be upstream, downstream, or
both?

  4. Produce a Standards Track document to define the generic data models to
  formalize the compression and fragmentation contexts.

I assume "the compression and fragmentation contexts" are scoped to something
LPWAN-specific and not the generic senses of compression and fragmentation.