Subject: [lp-wan] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 09:35:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) for CoAP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Ricardo Andreasen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-14.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2020-05-26

Abstract:
   This draft defines the way Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   header compression can be applied to the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP).  SCHC is a header compression mechanism adapted for
   constrained devices.  SCHC uses a static description of the header to
   reduce the redundancy and the size of the information in the header.
   While [rfc8724] describes the SCHC compression and fragmentation
   framework, and its application for IPv6/UDP headers, this document
   applies the use of SCHC for CoAP headers.  The CoAP header structure
   differs from IPv6 and UDP since CoAP uses a flexible header with a
   variable number of options, themselves of variable length.  The CoAP
   protocol messages format is asymmetric: the request messages have a
   header format different from the one in the response messages.  This
   specification gives guidance on how to apply SCHC to flexible headers
   and how to leverage the asymmetry for more efficient compression
   Rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-coap-static-context-hc-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/