Subject: [lp-wan] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-over-lorawan-10.txt> (Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) over LoRaWAN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 09:09:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area
Networks WG (lpwan) to consider the following document: - 'Static Context
Header Compression (SCHC) over LoRaWAN'
  <draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-over-lorawan-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-10-02. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) specification describes
   generic header compression and fragmentation techniques for Low Power
   Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) technologies.  SCHC is a generic mechanism
   designed for great flexibility so that it can be adapted for any of
   the LPWAN technologies.

   This document provides the adaptation of SCHC for use in LoRaWAN
   networks, and provides elements such as efficient parameterization
   and modes of operation.  This is called a profile.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-schc-over-lorawan/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/4149/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8065: Privacy Considerations for IPv6 Adaptation-Layer Mechanisms (Informational - IETF stream)
    rfc8376: Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) Overview (Informational - IETF stream)