Subject: [lp-wan] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 19:19:50 +0200

Dear 6Lo WG,

(CC'ing the LPWAN WG.)

Please find below several pointers to revision -01 of the draft entitled
"Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks".

The main updates in -01 are:

- SCHC Dispatch Type in Page 0

- RuleID size of 8 bits

- New content for IPv6 address compression, including use of compute-IID for
  IID compression/decompression (instead of exploiting DevIID and AppIID)

- Uplink and Downlink terms from RFC 8724 not applicable in peer-to-peer
  interactions e.g. in IEEE 802.15.4 mesh topologies

- Initial security considerations content

Comments are very much welcome!

Thanks,

The authors

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Sat, October 23, 2021 9:26 am
To:      "Ana Minaburo" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4
Revision:	01
Title:		Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks
Document date:	2021-10-23
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4/
Htmlized:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-01

Abstract:
   A framework called Static Context Header Compression and
   fragmentation (SCHC) has been designed with the primary goal of
   supporting IPv6 over Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies
   [RFC8724].  One of the SCHC components is a header compression
   mechanism.  If used properly, SCHC header compression allows a
   greater compression ratio than that achievable with traditional
   6LoWPAN header compression [RFC6282].  For this reason, it may make
   sense to use SCHC header compression in some 6LoWPAN environments,
   including IEEE 802.15.4 networks.  This document specifies how a
   SCHC-compressed packet can be carried over IEEE 802.15.4 networks.

The IETF Secretariat