Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 04:32:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement
        Authors         : Peter Psenak
                          Ketan Jivan Talaulikar
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-05.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-07-18

Abstract:
   Every OSPF interface is assigned an identifier, Interface ID, which
   uniquely identifies the interface on the router.  In some cases it is
   useful to know the Interface ID assigned by the adjacent router on
   its side of the adjacency (Remote Interface ID).

   This draft describes the extensions to OSPF link-local signalling to
   advertise the Local Interface Identifier.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 04:10:51 +0000

Hi authors,

I just run idnits against version 05, and there is still a warning:

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == The document seems to lack the recommended RFC 2119 boilerplate, even if
     it appears to use RFC 2119 keywords -- however, there's a paragraph with
     a matching beginning. Boilerplate error?

     RFC 8174, paragraph 11:
        The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
        "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY",
        and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as
        described in BCP 14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they
        appear in all capitals, as shown here.     

     ... text found in draft:
        The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
        "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY",
        and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as
        described in BCP14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they
........................^
        appear in all capitals, as shown here.

This is really minor. I suppose you can fix it later with other comments if there is any.

Thanks,
Yingzhen

On 7/18/18, 4:33 AM, "Lsr on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Abstract:

    

    
    
    _______________________________________________
    Lsr mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:16:08 +0200

Hi Yingzhen,

sure, I fix it with other comments that may come.

thanks,
Peter