Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 19:58:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label Depth Using IS-IS
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Stephane Litkowski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-04.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-07-24

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) has defined a mechanism to load
   balance traffic flows using Entropy Labels (EL).  An ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR) cannot insert ELs for packets going into a
   given tunnel unless an egress LSR has indicated via signaling that it
   has the capability of processing ELs, referred to as Entropy Label
   Capability (ELC), on that tunnel.  In addition, it would be useful
   for ingress LSRs to know each LSR's capability of reading the maximum
   label stack depth and performing EL-based load-balancing, referred to
   as Entropy Readable Label Depth (ERLD), in the cases where stacked
   LSPs are used for whatever reasons.  This document defines mechanisms
   to signal these two capabilities using IS-IS.  These mechanisms are
   useful when the label advertisement is also done via IS-IS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/