Subject: [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-06.txt> (OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:10:49 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'OSPF LLS Extensions for Local Interface
ID Advertisement'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Every OSPF interface is assigned an identifier, Interface ID, which
   uniquely identifies the interface on the router.  In some cases it is
   useful to know the assigned Interface ID on the remote side of the
   adjacency (Remote Interface ID).

   This draft describes the extensions to OSPF link-local signalling to
   advertise the Local Interface Identifier.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.