Subject: [Lsr] Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:34:48 +0000

Hi Authors,

Here are some comments I have based on draft version 29.

Here are the warnings from "idnits". To resolve those unused reference issue, I'd suggest to use what's done in the ospf model draft, beginning of Section 3.

idnits 2.16.01

/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt:
/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt(273): Line has weird spacing: '...-method    str...'
/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt(733): Line has weird spacing: '...-family    ian...'
/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt(1238): Code start at 1238: <CODE BEGINS> file "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>".
/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt(5568): Line has weird spacing: '... system  recei...'
/tmp/draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29.txt(5671): Code end at 5671: <CODE ENDS>.

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/1id-guidelines.txt:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == The page length should not exceed 58 lines per page, but there was 7
     longer pages, the longest (page 6) being 63 lines

  Checking nits according to https://www.ietf.org/id-info/checklist :
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  == The copyright year in the IETF Trust and authors Copyright Line does not
     match the current year

  -- The document date (December 27, 2018) is 15 days in the past.  Is this
     intentional?

  Checking references for intended status: Proposed Standard
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     (See RFCs 3967 and 4897 for information about using normative references
     to lower-maturity documents in RFCs)

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5130' is defined on line 5236, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5130]  Previdi, S., Shand, M., Ed., and C. Martin, "A Policy Con...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5305' is defined on line 5246, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5305]  Li, T. and H. Smit, "IS-IS Extensions for Traffic Enginee...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5306' is defined on line 5250, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5306]  Shand, M. and L. Ginsberg, "Restart Signaling for IS-IS",...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5880' is defined on line 5258, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5880]  Katz, D. and D. Ward, "Bidirectional Forwarding Detection...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC5881' is defined on line 5262, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC5881]  Katz, D. and D. Ward, "Bidirectional Forwarding Detection...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC6119' is defined on line 5272, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC6119]  Harrison, J., Berger, J., and M. Bartlett, "IPv6 Traffic...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC6232' is defined on line 5276, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC6232]  Wei, F., Qin, Y., Li, Z., Li, T., and J. Dong, "Purge Ori...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7794' is defined on line 5299, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC7794]  Ginsberg, L., Ed., Decraene, B., Previdi, S., Xu, X., and...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7810' is defined on line 5304, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC7810]  Previdi, S., Ed., Giacalone, S., Ward, D., Drake, J., and...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC7917' is defined on line 5309, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC7917]  Sarkar, P., Ed., Gredler, H., Hegde, S., Litkowski, S., a...'

  == Unused Reference: 'RFC8405' is defined on line 5355, but no explicit
     reference was found in the text
     '[RFC8405]  Decraene, B., Litkowski, S., Gredler, H., Lindem, A., Fra...'

  ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 5443

     Summary: 1 error (**), 0 flaws (~~), 13 warnings (==), 1 comment (--).

Nits:

*        The draft title "protocol" should start with capital letter P.

*        I don't think the word "container" is needed here:

420        The IS-IS configuration container is divided in:

422        o  Global parameters.

424        o  Per interface configuration (see Section 2.4).

*        Should be "raised"

978         if-state-change: raise when the state of an interface changes.

*        "the system finds"

980         corrupted-lsp-detected: raised when the system find that an LSP

981         that was stored in memory has become corrupted.

*        I'd suggest change it to "isis" container, instead of configuration container. Or maybe change it to "isis module" to be consistent with the next following paragraph.

1033        The "isis" configuration container augments the "/rt:routing/

*        Repetition of section 2.5
1049        The modules defined in this document use some groupings from ietf-
1050        keychain [RFC8177].

*        I'd suggest to change to "This YANG module" to be consistent with the beginning of the description.
1154        This YANG model conforms to the Network Management

*        Typo
4888     For IS-IS authentication, configuration is supported vua the

*        In IANA consideration, the registrant contact should be "The IESG"

4914                URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-isis

4915                Registrant Contact: IS-IS WG

4916                XML: N/A, the requested URI is an XML namespace

Thanks,

Yingzhen

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:50:28 +0000

Hi Yinghzen,

I have published the -31 which should fix the nits.
However the weird spacing is introduced by XML2RFC and is not coming from my source file.

From: Yingzhen Qu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 23:35
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29

Hi Authors,

idnits 2.16.01

     No issues found here.

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:

Nits:

422        o  Global parameters.

*        Should be "raised"

*        "the system finds"

*        Typo

Thanks,

Yingzhen

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:02:03 +0000

Hi Stephane,
I can fix these if you check in the -31 files. The Nits problem seems rather arbitrary in flagging the “weird spacing” but I’ve had to manually modify pyang tree output in the past.
Thanks,
Acee

From: Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:50 AM
To: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>, Derek Yeung <[email-masked]>, Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>, Jeffrey Zhang <[email-masked]>, Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:50 AM

Hi Yinghzen,

Hi Authors,

Here are the warnings from “idnits”. To resolve those unused reference issue, I’d suggest to use what’s done in the ospf model draft, beginning of Section 3.

idnits 2.16.01

     No issues found here.

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:

Nits:

•        The draft title “protocol” should start with capital letter P.

•        I don’t think the word “container” is needed here:

422        o  Global parameters.

•        Should be “raised”

•        “the system finds”

•        I’d suggest change it to “isis” container, instead of configuration container. Or maybe change it to “isis module” to be consistent with the next following paragraph.

•        Repetition of section 2.5
1049        The modules defined in this document use some groupings from ietf-
1050        keychain [RFC8177].

•        I’d suggest to change to “This YANG module” to be consistent with the beginning of the description.
1154        This YANG model conforms to the Network Management

•        Typo

•        In IANA consideration, the registrant contact should be “The IESG”

Thanks,

Yingzhen

Thank you.

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 21:07:51 +0000

Hi Yingzhen,
All the idnits warnings are fixed in the -32 version of the drafts.
Thanks,
Acee

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>, Derek Yeung <[email-masked]>, Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>, Jeffrey Zhang <[email-masked]>, Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Hi Authors,

idnits 2.16.01

     No issues found here.

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:

Nits:

·         The draft title “protocol” should start with capital letter P.

·         I don’t think the word “container” is needed here:

422        o  Global parameters.

·         Should be “raised”

·         “the system finds”

·         I’d suggest change it to “isis” container, instead of configuration container. Or maybe change it to “isis module” to be consistent with the next following paragraph.

·         Repetition of section 2.5
1049        The modules defined in this document use some groupings from ietf-
1050        keychain [RFC8177].

·         I’d suggest to change to “This YANG module” to be consistent with the beginning of the description.
1154        This YANG model conforms to the Network Management

·         Typo

·         In IANA consideration, the registrant contact should be “The IESG”

Thanks,

Yingzhen

---

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 21:28:34 +0000

Great. Let me double check and upload the shepherd write-up to data tracker.

Thanks,
Yingzhen

From: Acee Lindem (acee) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 1:08 PM
To: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29

Hi Yingzhen,

From: Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29
Resent-From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Resent-To: Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Derek Yeung <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Acee Lindem <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Jeffrey Zhang <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Resent-Date: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Hi Authors,

idnits 2.16.01

     No issues found here.

     No issues found here.

  Miscellaneous warnings:

Nits:

422        o  Global parameters.

·        Should be “raised”

·        “the system finds”

·        Typo

Thanks,

Yingzhen

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 12:47:54 +0000

-32 has the RFC2119 boilerplate in the YANG module - thank you - but...
YANG modules must be plain text and

         "are to be interpreted as described in BCP 14 [RFC2119]
          [RFC8174] when, and only when, they appear in all capitals, as
          shown here."

looks rather like XML/HTML anchors and not plain text.

Time idnits learnt what a YANG module looks like!

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Yingzhen Qu" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Shepherd review comments on
draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29

> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
> Resent-To: Stephane Litkowski <[email-masked]>, Derek
Yeung <[email-masked]>, Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>, Jeffrey Zhang
<zzhang@juniper.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:18:47 +0000

Hi Tom,

This is plaintext. You can see it in the XML source of the draft, there is no link in the YANG module.
Is your concern coming from the "[" "]" characters ? Just a copy/paste from the text version of the boilerplate, but there is no link behind.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lsr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of tom petch
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 13:48
To: Acee Lindem (acee); Yingzhen Qu; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Shepherd review comments on draft-ietf-isis-yang-isis-cfg-29

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Yingzhen Qu" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;

_______________________________________________
Lsr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr

---

From: tom petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:31:37 +0000

Stephane

Yes, it was the [..] that caught my eye and which, in other cases, has
meant that the author has included the links - I had not checked the
XML.

Tom Petch

---- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:18 PM

Hi Tom,

This is plaintext. You can see it in the XML source of the draft, there
is no link in the YANG module.
Is your concern coming from the "[" "]" characters ? Just a copy/paste
from the text version of the boilerplate, but there is no link behind.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lsr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of tom petch
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 13:48

Tom Petch

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:08:57 +0100

Hi Stéphane,

the problem is in the source of the "ietf-isis" module inside <artwork>: the
chevrons enclosing email addresses should be encoded as XML entities &lt; and
&gt; but what I see there is &amp;lt; and &amp;gt;

Lada

On Tue, 2019-01-22 at 16:18 +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> Is your concern coming from the "[" "]" characters ? Just a copy/paste from
> the text version of the boilerplate, but there is no link behind.
> 
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________________
> ___________________________________________
> 
> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations
> confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages
> electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged
> information that may be protected by law;
-- 
Ladislav Lhotka
Head, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: 0xB8F92B08A9F76C67

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:18:58 +0000

Tom, Lada, Stephane, 
I've changed the XML formatting so that the actual ietf-isis.yang model can be embedded as is without any substitution characters. This is in the -33 version. There are no other changes in this version (other than removing some trailing white spaces and expanding tabs). 
Thanks,
Acee 

On 1/23/19, 4:09 AM, "Ladislav Lhotka" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi Stéphane,

    Lada