Subject: [Lsr] RFC 8510 on OSPF Link-Local Signaling (LLS) Extensions for Local Interface ID Advertisement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:42:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8510

        Title:      OSPF Link-Local Signaling (LLS) Extensions 
                    for Local Interface ID Advertisement 
        Author:     P. Psenak, Ed.,
                    K. Talaulikar,
                    W. Henderickx,
                    P. Pillay-Esnault
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15304
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-lls-interface-id-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8510

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8510

Every OSPF interface is assigned an Interface ID that uniquely
identifies the interface on the router.  In some cases, it is useful
to know the assigned Interface ID on the remote side of the adjacency
(Remote Interface ID).

This document describes the extensions to OSPF link-local signaling
(LLS) to advertise the Local Interface ID.

This document is a product of the Link State Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC