Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:56:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Host Router Support for OSPFv2
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-09.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-09-13

Abstract:
   The Open Shortest Path First Version 2 (OSPFv2) does not have a
   mechanism for a node to repel transit traffic if it is on the
   shortest path.  This document assigns a new bit (Host-bit) in the
   OSPF Router-LSA bit registry and in the OSPF Router Informational
   Capability Bits Registry that enables a host router to advertise that
   it is a non-transit router.  It also describes the changes needed to
   support the Host-bit in the domain.  In addition, this document
   updates OSPF Stub Router Advertisement (RFC6987) to advertise for
   type-2 External and NSSA LSAs with a high cost in order to repel
   traffic effectively.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/