Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'Restart Signaling for IS-IS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 14:42:44 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Restart Signaling for IS-IS'
  (draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis/

Technical Summary

   This document is a (mostly) editorial revision of rfc5306, 
   plus new functionality for a router to signal its neighbors 
   that it is preparing to initiate a restart while maintaining 
   forwarding plane state.

Working Group Summary

   There is no much working group discussion on the 
   enhancement presented in the bis document. But, the draft 
   has been presented in the LSR WG meeting(s). The draft adoption 
   and progress has received good support from the WG. No major 
   concerns have been raised.

Document Quality

   rfc5306 is widely deployed.  The new functionality has 
   been implemented by at least one vendor.

Personnel

   Uma Chunduri is the Document Shepherd.
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.