Subject: [Lsr] feedback on draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-04 related to algorithms

From: Chris Bowers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:54:31 -0600

All,

The current text from Section 5 (below) doesn't specify if locators
associated with algorithms with values 1-126 SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be
advertised in Prefix Reachability TLVs. In particular, it seems like the
text should specify the expected behavior for locators associated with
algorithm 1 (Strict SPF).

   Locators associated with Flexible Algorithms [I-D.ietf-lsr-flex-algo]
   SHOULD NOT be advertised in Prefix Reachability TLVs (236 or 237).
   Locators associated with algorithm 0 (for all supported topologies)
   SHOULD be advertised in a Prefix Reachability TLV (236 or 237) so
   that legacy routers (i.e., routers which do NOT support SRv6) will
   install a forwarding entry for algorithm 0 SRv6 traffic.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 18:03:00 +0100

Hi Chris,

> algorithm 1 (Strict SPF).

sure, will add the text for algo 1.

thanks,
Peter