Subject: [Lsr] Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-14

From: Linda Dunbar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 14:47:53 -0700

Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review result: Ready with Issues

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-14
Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
Review Date: 2020-06-09
IETF LC End Date: 2020-05-29
IESG Telechat date: 2020-06-11

Summary:

This document proposes a new OSPF  Link attribute to indicate the intended
purpose of the advertised TE information. So that if the RSVP-TE is not enabled
on a link, the TE attributes of the Link being advertised can't be used by
remote receiving nodes for  RSVP-TE purpose.

It would be useful if the authors can add a statement to explain the scenario
when a node only has a subset of links supporting RSVP-TE but is capable of
advertising TE related attributes for the links that are not enabled for
RSVP-TE.  Just wondering what reasons that some links can collect TE attributes
but not enabled for RSVP-TE.

I have reviewed this draft multiple times, provided comments to -11, -12
version. The authors have addressed many of them in the -14 version.  Many
thanks.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

Best Regards,

Linda Dunbar