Subject: [Lsr] Deborah Brungard's Abstain on draft-ietf-isis-te-app-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Deborah Brungard via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:46:24 -0700

Deborah Brungard has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-te-app-17: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-app/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for resolving my discuss on aligning SR terms with SPRING's work.

I remain unconvinced on backward compatibility with RSVP-TE, hence my abstain
ballot. Similar to other operators, I have serious concerns with operational
aspects and the unfair burden placed on operators. A simple on/off control
would have provided a much more elegant solution.

>From the discussion, this is obviously a multi-vendor agreement on their
preferred way, so while I disagree, I will not stand in the way.