Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label Depth Using IS-IS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 08:06:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label Depth
   Using IS-IS'
  (draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies extensions to IS-IS Prefix attribute
      advertisement to indicate whether or not a prefix is Entropy
      Label Capable (ELC), i.e., eligible for entropy label processing.
      Additionally, a new MSD type is defined to advertise the Entropy
      Readable Label Depth (ERLD). The ELRD will be advertised using the
      existing Maximum SID Depth (MSD) encodings defined in RFC 8476.
      Finally, the mapping of these extensions to existing BGP-LS encodigs
      is specified. 

Working Group Summary

     The draft went through multiple iterations due to a change in
     requirements. Originally, the ELC was a node-level attribute. However,
     a Service Provider (SP) use case relating to external prefix
     advertisement required per-prefix advertisement. A second change was
     required when the BGP-LS encodings specification was incorporated into
     the draft. Since this incorporation obviated the BGP-LS draft, a sixth
     author was added. 
 
Document Quality

      This document has been a WG document over 4 years. While it has gone
      through several iterations, we are now confident that it is ready
      for publication.

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.