Subject: [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-02.txt> (Invalid TLV Handling in IS-IS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 07:12:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Link State Routing WG (lsr) to
consider the following document: - 'Invalid TLV Handling in IS-IS'
  <draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Key to the extensibility of the Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) protocol has been the handling of unsupported and/or
   invalid Type/Length/Value (TLV) tuples.  Although there are explicit
   statements in existing specifications, deployment experience has
   shown that there are inconsistencies in the behavior when a TLV which
   is disallowed in a particular Protocol Data Unit (PDU) is received.

   This document discusses such cases and makes the correct behavior
   explicit in order to insure that interoperability is maximized.

   This document updates RFC5305 and RFC6232.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.