Subject: [Lsr] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 08:21:21 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. I have a single non-blocking
COMMENT (question):

In section 5, if the SABM and UDABM lengths are either 0, 4 or 8, then I wonder
why the "SABM Length" and "UDABM Length" fields are 8 bits. In control plane,
using 2 or 3 bits length would not have a performance impact and would allow
for a longer Reserved header field.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 21:29:18 +0200

Hi Eric,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse/

We did not limit the size at the beginning, but later due to limited
size of ISIS TLVs we limited it to 8 bytes to leave some space for the
attributes itself (draft-ietf-isis-te-app). We wanted to keep the
consistency between ISIS and OSPF which also helps BGP-LS. 8 octets
should be future-proof enough (64 apps).

We keep the byte for the SABM and UDABM lengths to avoid problems of 
existing implementation.

thanks,
Peter

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 13:07:16 +0000

Thank you Peter for your reply

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, 7 June 2020 at 21:29
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>, Yingzhen Qu <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-te-link-attr-reuse-13: (with COMMENT)

    Hi Eric,

    thanks,
    Peter