Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 05:11:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS Extension to Support Segment Routing over IPv6 Dataplane
        Authors         : Peter Psenak
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Zhibo Hu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-09.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2020-09-08

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows for a flexible definition of end-to-end
   paths by encoding paths as sequences of topological sub-paths, called
   "segments".  Segment routing architecture can be implemented over an
   MPLS data plane as well as an IPv6 data plane.  This draft describes
   the IS-IS extensions required to support Segment Routing over an IPv6
   data plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lsr-isis-srv6-extensions-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 14:22:51 +0200

Hi,

the new version includes the following changes:

1. section 10 - removed the END.OP and END.OPT behaviors from the table. 
These SIDs have been removed from the ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam, where 
they have been defined. Also removed reference to 
ietf-6man-spring-srv6-oam in section 10.

2. section 12.1.2 - Added support for 32 and 64-bit Administrative Tag 
Sub-TLV in Locator TLV. Tags are often used to prevent loops during 
mutual redistribution between protocols and locators can also be 
redistributed. Thanks to Gunter for bringing up this use case.

3.  section 12.1.2 - updated the table with new Sub-TLVs for TLVs 135, 
235, 236, and 237.

thanks,
Peter

On 08/09/2020 14:11, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Lsr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr
> 
>