Subject: [Lsr] Doubt regarding A bit set/unset

From: Gurusiddesh Nidasesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 15:42:35 +0530

Hi All,

I had a query regarding setting/unsetting A bit.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8570#section-4.1 states that

A bit:  This field represents the Anomalous (A) bit.  The A bit is
      set when the measured value of this parameter exceeds its
      configured maximum threshold.  The A bit is cleared when the
      measured value falls below its configured reuse threshold.  If the
      A bit is cleared, the sub-TLV represents steady-state link
      performance.

So does it mean we have to have two configurations one for reuse and
another for maximum threshold?

Will below example follow the RFC?

reuse threshold : 50 usec

maximum threshold : 100 usec

1st measured value : 110 usec

conclusion: Set A bit.

2nd measured value : 75 usec

conclusion : Do nothing (Maintain pervious state of A bit as the value
is less than reuse or greater than threshold)

3rd measurement value : 30 usec

conclusion: Unset A bit.

 If we have to have two configuration for threshold to set/unset A
bit, will they be different from the threshold that we use for
advertisements?

Regards,
Gurusiddesh V N

-- 
.