Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'OSPF Prefix Originator Extensions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 12:03:56 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Prefix Originator Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-ospf-prefix-originator/

Technical Summary

   This document defines OSPF extensions to include information
   associated with the node originating a prefix along with the prefix
   advertisement.

Working Group Summary

   There was a drawn-out discussion about a non-normative appendix 
   that talked about a controversial use case. The WG (as well as some 
   of the authors) did not support its inclusion; it was removed.

Document Quality

   This draft is a simple extension that mirrors similar functionality 
   in IS-IS.  It's filling a gap in LSR.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Christian Hopps
   AD: Alvaro Retana