Subject: [Lsr] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC2328 (6679)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 06:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC2328,
"OSPF Version 2".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6679

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.4

Original Text
-------------
        The area border routers RT3, RT4, RT7, RT10 and RT11 condense
        the routing information of their attached non-backbone areas for
        distribution via the backbone; these are the dashed stubs that
        appear in Figure 8.  Remember that the third area has been
        configured to condense Networks N9-N11 and Host H1 into a single
        route.  This yields a single dashed line for networks N9-N11 and
        Host H1 in Figure 8.  Routers RT5 and RT7 are AS boundary
        routers; their externally derived information also appears on
        the graph in Figure 8 as stubs.

Corrected Text
--------------
        The area border routers RT3, RT4, RT7, RT10 and RT11 condense
        the routing information of their attached non-backbone areas for
        distribution via the backbone; these are the dashed stubs that
        appear in Figure 6.  Remember that the third area has been
        configured to condense Networks N9-N11 and Host H1 into a single
        route.  This yields a single dashed line for networks N9-N11 and
        Host H1 in Figure 8.  Routers RT5 and RT7 are AS boundary
        routers; their externally derived information also appears on
        the graph in Figure 8 as stubs.

Notes
-----
Incorrect figure number (8 instead 6).

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC2328 (no draft string recorded)
--------------------------------------
Title               : OSPF Version 2
Publication Date    : April 1998
Author(s)           : J. Moy
Category            : INTERNET STANDARD
Source              : Open Shortest Path First IGP
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:28:44 +0000

Removing John as he hasn't followed the IETF for decades. 

I believe the intention of the text is to reference Figure 9. However, the terminology is confusing. I would remove the reference to "dashed". See suggested corrections to line 3 and 6 of the paragraph below.

Corrected Text
    --------------
            The area border routers RT3, RT4, RT7, RT10 and RT11 condense
            the routing information of their attached non-backbone areas for
            distribution via the backbone; these are the stub costs that
            appear in Figure 8.  Remember that the third area has been
            configured to condense Networks N9-N11 and Host H1 into a single
            route.  This yields a single line for networks N9-N11 and
            Host H1 in Figure 8.  Routers RT5 and RT7 are AS boundary
            routers; their externally derived information also appears on
            the graph in Figure 8 as stubs.

Thanks,
Acee

On 9/7/21, 9:33 AM, "Lsr on behalf of RFC Errata System" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Section: 3.4

    Original Text
    -------------

    Corrected Text
    --------------

    Notes
    -----

    Instructions:
    -------------

    _______________________________________________
    Lsr mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr